About the University of New Haven
The University of New Haven was founded in the year 1920 on the campus at Yale, United States of America (USA). Ranked as a highly coveted institution of excellence by US News & World Report and The Princeton Review, the institution is strategically located at West Haven, between Boston and New York City. The university is a diverse and vibrant community of more than 7,500 students from across the globe. As of 2020, the University of New Haven acceptance rate is 91.1%. Students can take their pick from 100+ academic programs while finding options for financial assistance.
The University of New Haven has expanded rapidly over the last decade, spearheaded by its President Steven H Kaplan, expanding its campus at West Haven and increasing full-time enrollment at the undergraduate level. The university has also executed $300 million in vital capital initiatives while coming up with 26 new programs. It has also set up two new campuses, including one in Italy.
Notable alumni of the University of New Haven include Khaled bin Alwaleed Al Saud, the Saudi prince, investor and well-known entrepreneur and Idris Jusoh, Malaysian Member of Parliament, former Minister of Higher Education. Other notable students include American politician and former Alabama Senate member Vivian Davis Figures, Colonel Merryl Tengesdal, the first African-American woman to fly the U-2 spy plane of the US Air Force, ex-California State Senator Michael J. Rubio, former Canadian soccer star Adrian Serioux and L. Timothy Ryan, acclaimed chef and President of the Culinary Institute of America.
Address of University of New Haven
The address of the University of New Haven is 300 Boston Post Road, West Haven, CT 06516, USA.
The University of New Haven is a private institution.
University of New Haven Rankings
The institution was ranked between 501-600 in the Times Higher Education (THE) rankings for 2022. It has also been ranked as one of the 386 top colleges in the USA by The Princeton Review. The Tagliatela College of Engineering is ranked amongst the top-third in the country as per US News & World Report, while the same institution has named it the Top-Tier Comprehensive University in the North.
Top Offered Courses at University of New Haven
Some of the popular courses at the University of New Haven include Law Enforcement, Homeland Security, Firefighting and Related Protective Services, Management, Engineering, Visual and Performing Arts, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Business, Marketing and more. The University of New Haven fees are around $990 per credit hour for graduation programs (tuition costs), while they are $41,370 per year or $20,685 per semester for undergraduate programs (tuition).
Required Exams for University of New Haven
Here are some of the examinations that are required for the University of New Haven admissions:
- TOEFL– Minimum score of 75-100 depending on the program.
- IELTS– Minimum score of 6.0 to 7.5 depending on the program.
- PTE– Minimum score of 50 to 68 depending on the program.
- Duolingo English Test- Minimum score of 105-125 depending on the program.
- Students may also complete the Academic English Preparatory Program at the institution as an alternative option for English language proficiency.
- GRE or GMAT scores are also needed for specific courses.
- SAT/ACT scores are required for undergraduate programs.
University of New Haven Requirements for Admission
- Common Application (www.commonapp.org)
- Application fee.
- Official transcript of high school.
- A minimum of one LOR (Letter of Recommendation). Academic sources include the school counsellor, teacher or principal.
- SAT/ACT Scores.
- Personal interview with the admissions counsellor for early decision applicants.
- Online application.
- Application fee.
- Official transcripts of college/university along with bachelor’s degree completion proof. An explanation of the university grading system is also needed.
- Two LORs from employers or professors.
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) and a resume.
- GRE/GMAT test scores for specific courses.
Along with these admission requirements, scores in English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE or the Duolingo English Test are also needed.
Available Scholarships for University of New Haven
- Presidential Scholarship- $21-26,000.
- Charger Award- $10-14,000.
- Distinguished Scholar Awards- $15-20,000.
- Honors Scholarship- $1,000.
- Transfer Scholar Award- $12-24,000.
- Dean’s Scholarship Program- Both international and domestic master’s students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. They are chosen after a review of their application documents and academic track records. Tuition fee support up to 50% is provided under this program.
About Placements at University of New Haven
The University of New Haven has its own Career Development Center that enables students to network with the industry, find job openings and also doubles up as a one-stop solution for prospective employers. Various job fairs and recruitment related events take place throughout the year. Many of the country’s biggest conglomerates and corporates hire from the University of New Haven. The institution also helps students in finding internships along with training them for interviews, helping them craft stellar resumes and accessing all necessary career resources.
✓End to end Visa/Application support