About Brown University
Brown University was founded in 1764 and is one of the foremost American research universities. It houses acclaimed faculty members and offers an innovative and intellectually stimulating academic and research environment. The institution has remained in Providence, Rhode Island, for more than two and a half centuries! As per its website, it has 7,043 undergraduate and 2,629 graduate pupils on its rolls along with 585 students in medical school and 6,000 visiting, summer, and online students. It also has 816 full-time faculty members.
The Brown University acceptance rate is 7.7% as of 2020. Some famous alumni include Lillian Moller Gilbreth (one of the first working female engineers), Ted Turner (founder of the CNN cable news network), Janet Yellen (78th U.S. Secretary of the Treasury), David Ebersman (former Chief Financial Officer of Facebook), Ross Greenburg (president of HBO Sports), Dara Khosrowshahi (Chief Executive Officer of Uber), Tom Rothman (president, 20th Century Fox Film Group), Emma Watson (actress), John F. Kennedy Jr, John Krasinski (actor), Jessica Capshaw (actress), Julie Bowen (actress), Marin Hinkle (actress) and Eva Amurri (actress) to name a few.
Address of the Brown University
The address of Brown University is Providence RI 02912, USA.
The institution is a private Ivy League university known for its excellence in academic research.
QS World University Rankings and Other Rankings
The Brown university ranking tally is quite impressive. It stands at number 60 in the QS World University rankings 2022.
Master’s in Psychology in USA
Masters in Economics in USA
MS in Engineering Management in USA
Masters in Management in USA
MS in Electronics and Communication in USA
Masters in Electrical Engineering in USA
Spring Intake in USA
Top Offered Courses by Brown University
Some of the leading courses at the institution include computer science, biology, applied mathematics, econometrics and quantitative economics, political science and government, international relations and affairs, English language and literature, history, and more. The Brown university fees are roughly $30,472 at the undergraduate level, while graduate programs have varying costs, depending on the discipline and duration.
Required Exams for Brown University
There are quite a few examinations required for Brown University admissions. Some of them include:
- SAT/ACT for undergraduate applicants.
- TOEFL (minimum 100 for TOEFL iBT or 600 for TOEFL PBT).
- IELTS (minimum 8)
- Duolingo English Test (minimum 125).
- Brown University does not accept IELTS Indicator Examination results
Admission Requirements of Brown University
Some of the Brown University requirements include:
- ACT/SAT scores.
- Early Decision/Regular Decision applications within the deadline.
- Common Application provisions.
- Supplemental Essays.
- TOEFL/IELTS/Duolingo English Test scores.
- Special program essays for specific programs.
- IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo English Test Scores.
- Supplemental Essays wherever required.
- GRE Scores for some courses.
- Proof of academic track record including Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
Available Scholarships for Brown University
Some of the available options include the following:
- Federal & State Grants- These include FAFSA-based eligibility for State grants, Federal Pell and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants, and federal loans such as the Perkins Loan or Direct Loan.
- CollegeScholarships.org/CollegeBoard/Fastweb Scholarship/CareerOneStop.
- Army ROTC.
- College Answer.
- Veteran Benefits.
- International Education Financial Aid.
- The Gates Scholarship.
- Davis Scholarship.
- Brown University Institutional Scholarship.
- Sidney E. Frank Scholars.
Placements at Brown University
Many leading companies like Google, Deloitte, Morgan & Stanley, McKinsey and Company, JPMorgan, Teach for America, Amazon, Barclays, and others, hire skilled graduates from Brown University. The median salaries of graduates stand at around $59,700 for students. Career prospects are excellent for Brown University graduates.
✓End to end Visa/Application support