Northwestern University is a research-oriented private university in Evanston, Illinois, USA. Founded in the year 1851, it is one of the oldest chartered universities in Illinois, ranked among global academic institutions in the world. The total number of students at Northwestern University is 21,946, with 8,327 graduates and 13,619 postgraduate students. The average tuition fee of Northwestern University is $60,984 (INR 4555718). The university has eleven undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools. Northwestern is among the most selective universities in the United States, and Northwestern University admissions are characterized as “most selective” by the US News & World Report.
Northwestern University offers a wide range of courses and programs for different streams, including humanities, engineering, science, and commerce. Northwestern is one of the country’s leading private research and teaching universities. It continues to be one of the best research centers for discoveries and inventions.
History of Northwestern University
The history of Northwestern University can be traced back to May 31, 1850. It was the wish of a famous Chicago businessman who desired to establish a university for the northwest territory of the United States of America. Like all other popular American research universities, Northwestern was also transformed by World War II. Between 1970 to 1980, there was a huge growth in the number of applications in Northwestern University. Today, Northwestern University has a student strength of 21,946. It is a full-fledged university with a wide range of specializations and courses.
About Education at Northwestern University
Northwestern University is a leading university in the USA, known for its academic excellence and research careers. It is home to more than 90 school-based centers and 50 university research centers. The Northwestern education system is a quarter system, which allows students to explore different courses and interests.
Northwestern University is known for the courses and programs that are top-ranked globally. More than 450 graduate, undergraduate, and doctoral programs and degrees are available at the university. There are internships, research work, and live project opportunities for students to go through an excellent career opportunity. The education system at Northwestern University is of great value, which attracts a good percentage of international students every year.
USP of Northwestern University
Northwestern University is one of the top producers of Fulbright scholars. In the 2019-20 academic year, 23 students and alumni were awarded the scholarship. Northwestern University has maintained its number 9 spot in the US News & World Report 2021.
Career Opportunities at Northwestern University
- Business Development Director: USD 104,801 (INR 7829840)
- Project Manager: USD 74,420 (INR 5560030)
- Operations Manager: USD 65,862 (INR 4919661)
- Senior Accountant: USD 68,343 (INR 5104982)
- HR Manager: USD 71,000 (INR 5303451)
- Product Manager: USD 84,000 (INR 6274506)
- Process Associate: USD 89,000 (INR 6647988)
- Sales Manager: USD 79,000 (INR 5901023)
- IT Consultant: USD 59,564 (INR 4449222)
- AI Developer: USD 97,000 (INR 7246045)
- Application Developer: USD 61,249 (INR 4575392)
- Operations manager: USD 65,000 (INR 4855597)
- Web Project Manager: USD 107,000 (INR 7993060)
- Web Developer: USD 99,600 (INR 7440269)
- Associate Analyst: USD 64,000 (INR 4780896)
- Business Analyst: USD 53,483 (INR 3995260)
- Multimedia Developer: USD 57,132 (INR 4267846)
- Software Engineer: USD 118,000 (INR 8818435)
- Program manager: USD 104,000 (INR 7772180)
- Financial Analyst: USD 61,223 (INR 4575347)
- Finance Manager: USD 92,093 (INR 6882340)
- Financial Controller: USD 84,148 (INR 6288590)
- Senior Accountant: USD 68,343 (INR 5107989)
- Accounting Manager: USD 72,318 (INR 5405083)
Master’s in Psychology in USA
Masters in Economics in USA
MS in Engineering Management in USA
Masters in Management in USA
MS in Electronics and Communication in USA
Masters in Electrical Engineering in USA
Spring Intake in USA
Alumni of Northwestern University
- Adrianne Pieczonka, BMus’85, DMus’12. Soprano, Opera Singer.
- Cameron Bailey, BA’87
- Gabriel Leung – Physician and Epidemiologist, Current Dean of the Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine at the University of Hong Kong
- Mark Mullins – Executive Director, Fraser Institute
- Leola Neal – Psychologist, First Female President of the Ontario
- Andrew Price-Smith – Colorado College Political Science Professor
- Philip Reny – Economist, Chair of the Department of Economics at the University of Chicago
- Ervin Sejdic – a Data Scientist and an Engineering Professor at the University of Pittsburgh
- Vandana Shiva (Ph.D. Philosophy) – Philosopher, Environmentalist, Eco-feminist
- Michael Walker – Economist
- Julia M. Wright – Professor of English, Dalhousie University
- Sudi Devanesen – Physician, Professor of Medicine
- Charles George Drake – Canadian Medical Hall of Fame neurosurgeon
- Melvyn Goodale – Neuroscientist
- Cameron Bailey – Film Critic and Toronto International Film
Address of Northwestern University
633 Clark St, Evanston, IL 60208, USA
Northwestern is one of the country’s leading private, non-profit research universities, located in Evanston, IL.
Northwestern University Ranking
- According to the ARWU, Northwestern University holds a rank of 30th.
- QS world ranking: 30
- According to the Times Higher Education, Northwestern University holds a rank of 24th globally.
- Northwestern maintained its number 9 spot in the U.S. News & World Report 2021.
- It holds a rank of 9th out of the top 10 American universities in the USA.
Top Courses and Northwestern University Fees
- M.E./M.Tech: INR 40.52 L – 63.35 L
- MBA/PGDM: INR 78.57 L – 90.52 L
- Master of Surgery: INR 98.52 L – 127.4 L
- MIM: INR 68.52 L – 94.09 L
- B.E. / B.Tech: INR 61.19 L – 89.24 L
- BBA: INR 61.19 L – 97.33 L
- BSc: INR 81.19 L
- M.A: INR 80.52 L – 112.96 L
- BSc Honors in Computer Science: INR 91.19 L
- BSc in Integrated Science Computer Science: INR 81.59 L
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: INR 85.18 L
- BMOS in Finance: INR 77.33 L
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Mechanical Engineering: INR 99.24 L
- Doctor: INR 63.31 L
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Computer Engineering: INR 69.24 L
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Software Engineering: INR 99.24 L
- BA in Economics: INR 81.19 L
- BMOS in Commercial Aviation Management: INR 77.33 L
- BHSc in Health Science: INR 91.19 L
- BSc in Data Science: INR 51.19 L
- Bachelor of Engineering Science in Mechatronic Systems Engineering: INR 88.9 L
Required Examination for Northwestern University
- GMAT examination score is essential to take admission to Northwestern University. The minimum score requirement is 650.
- GRE scores are accepted in Northwestern University. It is essential to submit the GRE scores at the time of application. The GRE score requirement is between 301- 315.
- IELTS and TOEFL are English language proficiency tests accepted in US universities. The IELTS score requirement is 7, and the TOEFL score is 104. The United States of America is an English-speaking country, and the mode of instruction is the English language.
- ACT is a standardized test taken by high school students in English-speaking nations. The examination evaluates the readiness of students to get admission to colleges and universities. High school graduates take it for admission to undergraduate courses.
Admission Requirements for Northwestern University
- Full-time bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject on the basis of the course or program that the student has chosen to study. The degree should be from a recognized Board of study equivalent to the course at Northwestern University.
- English language proficiency test scores are important admission requirements for admission to the university. IELTS and TOEFL exam scores are only accepted in the list of Northwestern University requirements.
- GMAT and GRE scores are important for students taking admission in graduate programs and degrees.
- ACT exam is vital for undergraduate programs meant for high school graduates to check the readiness and skills required to study in college.
- Minimum two letters of recommendation are compulsory for securing admission to Northwestern University. It should be from past employers or faculties.
- Statement of purpose is an important formal document to be submitted with the application. Students need to write a competitive statement of purpose by stating the purpose and goal of studying the particular course at Northwestern University.
- Financial proof states the funding required to manage living and education costs for at least the first year of study.
- Documentation is vital for applications. Students need to have a complete list of academic records and transcripts.
Scholarship in Northwestern University
Northwestern University offers 100% scholarship and funding grants to needy and meritorious students. Here are some of the most popular types of scholarships available at Northwestern University:
- Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships offers INR 20,00,000 scholarship for engineering, science, and humanities students
- Good Neighbor, Great University Scholarship
- Hani Zeini Scholarship offers INR 7,43,700 for engineering and computer science courses
- Harvey Fellowship of INR 12,07,360 for science, humanities and business courses
- Chicago Star Scholarship
- Northwestern University Scholarship
- Questbridge National College Match Scholarship
- Karr Achievement Scholarship
- Northwestern Endowed Scholarships
- Founder’s Scholarship
Placement in Northwestern University
The placement cell is very active at Northwestern University. The university has collaborated with some global tech giants and multinational companies. With the USA being the headquarters of Apple, Facebook, and Amazon, the placement records of Northwestern University is quite attractive.
The average salary offered to graduates after completing the course from Northwestern University is USD 115000 (INR 8599815) annually.
Recruiting Companies from Northwestern University
- JPMorgan Chase
- American Express
Northwestern University is a prestigious university for valuable programs and degrees. The Northwestern University acceptance rate is 9%, making the admissions competitive and challenging.
Disclaimer: All course fees and salaries are approximate amounts subject to change depending on various conditions.
✓End to end Visa/Application support