London South Bank University, also known as LSBU, was founded in 1892 in Central London. The University provides students with academic knowledge in which they receive education only from experts with extensive professional experience in their disciplines, outside of the classroom context.
The campus placement and LSBU’s strong employment rates go hand-in-hand, as most students can easily find full-time employment through the on-campus job placement services department. Living in their residence halls offers the best community interactions, but due to the abundance of public transportation options near the area, living off-campus is also an option.
London South Bank University Ranking
- THE World University Rankings ranked the LSBU 401 as of 2021.
- QS World University Rankings placed the LSBU at #801 in 2021.
- In 2021, The Times (Accounting and Finance) placed LSBU at a high rank of 95.
London South Bank University (UK), LSBU, 103 Borough Rd, London SE1 0AA.
The university is recognized by the EUA.
London South Bank University: Infrastructure
The LSBU has three campuses as stated below:
Southwark, South London
Since 1892, the Southwark campus of LSBU has acted as the primary campus. It’s a one-of-a-kind location in one of London’s most exciting neighborhoods.
Croydon, South London
The university’s mission to transform lives and society through the high skill provided by applied education is aided by the new Croydon campus. Croydon is now one of London’s most important growth areas.
Students interested in pursuing higher education in nursing and healthcare are welcome to visit the Havering campus. Havering is a welcoming, friendly campus with a close-knit community that allows students to interact with one another.
In the core of the world’s most vibrant and diverse city, London South Bank University in the UK has 15 Research Centers Of Excellence and 37 Academic Research Groups that deliver standard education.
The findings of LSBU’s 2016 AURA have been used to help form the Centers and Groups to create opportunities that create the maximum impact through cutting-edge research.
Language of Instruction
The language of instruction is English.
London South Bank University: Academics
Currently, the university has two admission cycles, which are defined below:
Intake in September 2022
- The last day to apply is Friday, June 17th, 2022.
- The deadline to meet the conditions is July 8, 2022.
- The deadline for deposit payment is July 15, 2022.
- CAS’s deadline is July 29th, 2022.
Intake in January 2023
- The last day to apply is November 4th, 2022.
- The deadline to meet the conditions is November 18th, 2022.
- The deposit payment must be received by Friday, November 25th, 2022.
- CAS Deadline: Friday, December 2, 2022
London South Bank University Admission Process
The London South Bank University’s admission process is fairly simple. It has been detailed below:
- The LSBU Online Application Form can be completed by an international student who is a citizen of any non-EU nation or an EU national who does not have settled status.
- It is critical to upload all required supplementary documents for your application to be processed.
- Students should be able to submit one application and apply to up to two courses.
- If a student’s preferred course is not mentioned in the LSBU Online Application, they can apply through UCAS.
- Students will receive emails once their application is accepted online, confirming that it has already been received and is being reviewed by the International Enrollment Team.
- After the application has been reviewed, students will receive an email with their unique ID number, which they can use to contact you with any questions about the situation of their application.
- Once a decision is made or if additional information is needed, the admissions team will contact the students.
- The university will make its decision based on the standard entrance requirements for the subject the student has adhered to, but it will also consider the student’s immigration history if the student applies for a student sponsor visa.
Master’s in Architecture in the UK
Bachelors in Computer Science in UK
MBA in Supply Chain Management in the UK
Master’s in Business Analytics in the UK
MSc Nursing in the UK
Master’s in Physiotherapy in the UK
London South Bank University Admission Requirements
Specific grades in nationally recognized qualifications or acceptable equivalent training and expertise are required for admission.
To justify a student’s current level, the university may also request the following:
- Nationally recognized qualifications earn UCAS tariff points.
- References, psychometric testing, or an interview can reveal appropriate personal qualities or principles that are compatible with a course.
- Information about the student’s background.
- The current ESFA entry requirements must be met by apprentices.
- In addition, the university may require students to take a test or a series of tests to determine their level of expertise in their chosen subject.
London South Bank University Acceptance Rate
The London South Bank University’s acceptance rate is as low as 17%, which makes it extra tough to get through because of tough competition. However, admission into the University can be achieved with better expertise and a good score in academics as well as co-curricular and values.
Courses and Top Programs
The following courses are available for both undergraduates and postgraduates
- 25 courses for Arts & Humanities
- 32 courses for Life Sciences & Medicine
- 40 courses for Social Sciences & Management
- 48 courses for Management & Business
- 44 courses Engineering & Technology
The only MBA course available is the Master Of Business Administration for International Management.
To complete the master’s, students are required to study more than 10 hours per week. Students are required to attend more than two semesters in terms of attendance.
- Semester I starts on 20th September 2021 and ends on 21st January 2022
- Semester II begins on 24th January 2022 and ends on 3rd June 2022.
London South Bank University: Extracurriculars
The University is rich in its extracurriculars and student unions. The active sports unit consists of the following clubs:
- South Bank Elephants Esports
- Rugby both Men’s and Women’s
- Muay Thai
- Football both Men’s and Women’s
- Basketball (Men’s)
Career/Professionals at London South Bank University
There are many collaborations of LSBU with reputed industries, providing the right exposure to the students. Some of them are listed below:
- Carshalton College
- East Berkshire College
- The British University in Egypt
- Auston Institute for Management, Singapore
- The Independent Science and Technology College, Greece
- Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
Work Opportunities at London South Bank University
Students can do the following jobs when they are studying in the university:
- HR Systems Manager
- Hub Coordinator
- Research Associate
- Senior Lecturer
- Legal Assistant
- Strategic Placement Lead
- Portfolio Marketing Manager
- Student Advisor
- Associate Professor
- Compliance & Safety Advisor
- Business Development Manager
- Commercial Manager
- Studio Manager
London South Bank University Alumni
- Karl Burnett, BBC’s HR Director News Group and Radio
- Fleur Bothwick, Head of Diversity and Inclusiveness for Europe, Middle East, India, and Africa at EY
- David Frost, former Director-General of British Chambers of Commerce
- Anne Milton, holds Lord Commissioner of Her Majesty’s Treasury position
- Gary Bassett, Head of Patient Experience for the London Ambulance Service
- Greg Searle, rower, and 2012 Olympic Gold winner
London South Bank University: Career Support
The LSBU Careers Hub supports all students of the LSBU university to receive great placement offers both part-time and full-time. Students wishing to avail of an internship or work during their course of study may also contact the office to gain offers.
The alumni list of the LSBU is rich, having inspired countless lives in the duration of its functioning as a globally-recognized university. The personalities such as Bridget Prentice, Enoch Showunmi, James Barnham, Micah Car-Hill, Mike Jatania, Nick Leslau, Phil Spencer, Shahid Malik are among the most noteworthy alumni members.
London South Bank University: Financial Specifications
The London South Bank University’s fees are stated below:
- Undergraduate course fees: Around INR 12 lakh
- Undergraduate Accelerated course fees: Around INR 15 lakh
- MSc, PgDip, MA: Around INR 12 lakh
- MBA: INR 13 lakh
- Ph.D., MPhil: INR 12 lakh
International students pay different fees and receive different financial aid than students from the United States or the European Union.
Note: The student will require a CAS number to apply for visas once they have obtained their offer letter. The students must put down a deposit of INR 2 lakh to LSBU before receiving their CAS number.
The cost of living to study in this university stands at GBP 198.50 to GBP 515 (INR 20,028 – INR 51,963) which includes accommodation, travel, entertainment, study materials, and other expenses.
- Masters in Finance in the UK
- MS Courses in the UK
- Oxford University’s Rhodes Scholarship
- Cambridge University Scholarships
- Duke University in the UK
✓End to end Visa/Application support