Southern Arkansas University Admission 2023
Many students aspire to study in the United States from a young age. But their dreams may go on hold due to the highly expensive nature of these education programs. But not all educational universities in the States are expensive. Southern Arkansas University (SAU) is ranked as one of the best in terms of affordability and quality.
Southern Arkansas University Rankings - 2022
As per the US News, Southern Arkansas University is ranked at #94 out of 136 Regional Universities South.
It is also ranked #73 in Top Performers on Social Mobility & #45 in Top Public Schools.
SAU is ranked #205 in Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs.
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-2023
Southern Arkansas University has a general acceptance rate of 63%. More than half of its applicants are accepted for their educational programs.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate) 2022-2023
Southern Arkansas University has an acceptance rate of 63% for its undergraduate courses as well. Having a greater rate of acceptability enables more students to enroll in their variety of undergraduate courses.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate) 2022-2023
Southern Arkansas University has an acceptance rate of 63% for its postgraduate courses.
Admission Criteria of Southern Arkansas University
Admission criteria for Southern Arkansas University are as follows –
- Unconditional Admission shall be given to students having ACT (English, Math, Reading, and Science) scores of 19 or higher on the English, Mathematics, and Reading parts of the ACT examination. The student should have completed the core curriculum and should have graduated from high school.
- Conditional Admission shall be given to students having composite ACT (English, Math, Reading, and Science) scores of 16 or higher or ranked at the top of their graduating class. The student admitted conditionally must complete all transitional courses.
- GED, Home School, and Charter School Graduates shall be admitted based on their ACT scores.
- Students who are 25 years or older and have graduated high school shall be admitted regardless of their ACT scores.
For international students, the English language requirement needs to be met. The same can be proved via the submission of any of the following –
- Band 5.5 (overall) on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- 500 or higher on the written TOEFL
- 61 or higher on the internet-based TOEFL
- 173 or higher on the computerized TOEFL
- 43 or higher on the PTE (Pearson Test of English)
- 90 or higher on Duolingo
- Completion of EF Level 4
- Completion of Level 109 at an ELS Language Center or its equivalent
- 410 on the SAT Verbal or a score of 19 on the ACT English
For a First time Freshman Admission, the following are the documents that are required to be submitted –
- Application for Admission
- ACT/SAT scores
- High school transcript or GED passing scores
- Application for residence hall room, along with a deposit to be submitted if you wish to live in the campus residence hall
Tests Required/Average Scores
Students shall be given admission based on their ACT scores as detailed above. ACT scores shall also determine whether the student needs to complete transitional courses. These transitional courses need to be completed in a regular and timely manner.
SAU offers more than 100 academic programs for students to choose from. Some of them are indicated below –
- Agricultural Business
- Agriculture: Animal Science
- Agriculture: Plant Science
- Business Administration
- Communication Design
- Comparative Literature
- Computer Science (Computer Game & Animation Design)
- Computer Science (Privacy and Cyber Security Option)
- Criminal Justice
- Cyber Criminology
- Cyber Security and Privacy
- Exercise Science
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Healthcare Administration
- Library Media & Information Specialist
- Mass Communication
- Master of Business Administration
- Digital Photography and Film
- Music Education
- Political Science
- Public Health
- School Counseling
- Social Work
- Sports Management
- University Studies
How does Southern Arkansas University Evaluate Applicants?
The university has laid out its minimum requirements for admission into any educational program based on ACT scores & performance in previous educational institutions and courses.
Tips for Applying to Southern Arkansas University
Some tips that will enable a student to obtain admission to the educational courses offered by Southern Arkansas University are as follows –
- Ensuring that ACT scores are above 19. This will ensure unconditional admission. Having a score of at least 16 will also help obtain conditional admission.
- Submission of all required documents on admission
- Being mindful of submission and application deadlines
Applications and all admission related documents must be submitted within the following dates to avoid late fees –
- Fall Semester: August 1
- Spring Semester: December 1
- Summer I: May 1
- Summer II: June 1
- Ed.D. Fall 2022: February 1 (no late applications will be accepted)
The date of the Spring 2023 Orientation shall be January 6, 2023.
Acceptance Rate of Top University
Study in USA
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering in USA
- MBA in USA
- Masters in Industrial Engineering in USA
- Masters in Biomedical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Education in USA
- Masters in Data Analytics in USA
- Masters in Psychology in USA
- Masters in Design in USA
- Masters in Computer Science in USA
- MBA in Finance in USA
- Masters in Economics in USA
- Masters of Law in USA
- MBA in Healthcare Management in USA
- Masters in Architecture in USA
- Masters in Cyber Security in USA
- MBA in Marketing in USA
- Masters in Civil Engineering in USA
- MBA in HR in USA
- Masters in Pharmacy in USA
- Masters in Electrical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Information SysteMS in USA
- Masters of Engineering in USA
- Masters in Chemical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Supply Chain Management in USA
- Masters in Finance in USA
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.