Indiana State University Admission 2023Indiana, USA
Indiana State University is a top-tier public university in the United States. It is a leading university in the U.S that offers top-notch education at a reasonable fee structure. The institution provides a stimulating curriculum emphasizing learning outside the classroom and exposure to the professional world. It attracts students from around the globe. The institute offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for learners looking to advance in their education or jobs. It is a great university to study in the United States of America with a relatively convenient admission process. Read on to learn how to get admission to Indiana State University.
According to U.S. News Report, Indiana State University ranked between 299-391 among National Universities and 242 in the 'Top Performers on Social Mobility.' The same platform placed the University in the range of 169-227 as the 'Top Public Schools. The Q.S. World University Rankings position falls between 1201 and 1400.
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-2023
The Indiana State University acceptance rate is 94%, which shows a relatively inclusive and more accessible admission process.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate) 2022-2023
The acceptance rate for undergraduate courses is 93.2 %.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate) 2022-2023
As the University is less selective, the acceptance rate for postgraduate courses is also high at 93.2%.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
To be admitted, candidates need to meet the eligibility criteria requirements listed below:
- Freshman applicants coming straight out of high school must pass a demanding Core 40 curriculum (for residents of Indiana) and maintain an overall grade point average of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 measuring scale.
- Based on indications of potential achievement, interim admission is granted as an additional factor. The entry requirements can be met with acceptable GED results.
1. The accurate and full submission of the online application to Indiana State University.
2. Until the report of academic credentials is not received, the application will not be completed. Only select affiliates of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) can submit reports on credential evaluations for acceptance by the University.
4. A financial support affidavit is also required.
5. An original copy of a recent bank statement should be sent through the mail from the bank that issued it.
6. Indiana State University requires the certified TOEFL (code 1322), IELTS, and ELS scores immediately from the testing agency (unless an exemption applies).
7. If studying in the United States, a copy of the visa and passport is also necessary. If the applicant currently resides in the U. S. but is not enrolled in the course of study, a copy of the appropriate visa must be submitted.
The electronic documents can be uploaded to the "additional materials" page of the online entrance application along with a passport copy and a declaration of financial support.
Tests Required/Average Scores
The Indiana State University admission criteria include a minimum score in the following tests:
- TOEFL - 61 (500)
- Enterprise and Business - 79 (550)
- ELS Level 112
- IELTS 6 (Successful Completion)
- I.U. - Grade 6 (Successful Completion)
- Academic PTE - 45
- MELAB - 69
The below-given courses are the most sought-after majors at Indiana State University.
- Marketing Related Support Services
- Health Professions
- Related Programs
- Social Sciences
- Engineering/Engineering-Related Technologies/Technicians
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, Fitness
How Does the University Evaluate Applicants?
As the University is less selective, a strong application form with productive experience and required test scores are the only evaluative criteria.
Tips for Applying to Indiana State University
Follow the Indiana State University admissions requirement with a strong focus on the essay section.
- July 1 for the fall semester
- Winter term: December 1
- Term 2: April 1
Applications received beyond these deadlines will still be accepted, and the university will make every effort to give them the intended semester or term of consideration. Please check the department-specific section on the official website for any variations in deadlines for graduate-level programs.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.