Youngstown State University Admission 2023Youngstown, USA
Youngstown State University Acceptance Rate
- U.S. News ranks the institution at 98 in its Regional Universities Midwest ranking for 2022-23.
- THE ranks it at >600 in its 2022 US College Rankings.
The acceptance rate of Youngstown State University is 78% (fall 2021), and therefore, admission is selective. Half the applicants of the university have an ACT score between 18 and 24 and a SAT score between 930 and 1180.
Admission eligibility criteria
- The applicants must complete their GED test or graduate from a high school so that their application is considered.
- The applicants must provide a high school transcript to the university along with SAT/ACT scores.
- The cumulative high school GPA of the applicants must be at least 2.0 on a point scale of 4.0.
- A complete Undergraduate Admission Application.
- Official copy of SAT and ACT test scores must be submitted by the applicants.
- The applicants must provide their official high school transcript.
- An official copy of GED (General Education Development) test results must be submitted by applicants, if applicable.
- The candidates must provide proof of passing all sections of OGT (Ohio Graduation Test). This is applicable for Ohio Residents only.
- GED (General Education Development) test.
- ACT/SAT tests.
- The Composition Placement Test, Reading Test, Math Test.
- English Proficiency Test for candidates applying from non-English speaking countries.
- OGT (Ohio Graduation Test) for the residents of Ohio only.
- Registered Nursing
- Safety Studies/ Criminal Justice
- General Studies
- Social Work
- Biological Sciences/ Biology
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science
- Marketing Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Business management and administration
How the university evaluates applicants ?
Youngstown State University evaluates the applicants based on their overall high school performance and test scores. The University considers their GPA scores and other test scores while reviewing their application. The ACT/SAT scores of the applicants are considered as well.
Tips for applying to the University
- The applicants must submit an application fee of $45, which is non-refundable.
- It is important for applicants to have a high SAT/ACT scores as well as good GPAs for increasing their chances of getting admitted.
- The applicants must have all their documents ready to avoid delays in the admission process.
The application deadline of Youngstown State University for fall 2021 is August 1.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.