Northeastern Illinois University Admission 2023
- U.S. News ranks it at 127-166 in its Regional Universities Midwest Ranking for 2022-23.
- Its QS US UNI rank is 251-300 for 2021.
- THE also ranks it at 401-500th in its 2022 US College Rankings list.
With a 61% acceptance rate, Northeastern Illinois University admission panels are selective while choosing freshers.
Admission eligibility criteria
- Student must have completed their previous Degrees (High school or Bachelor's) to be able to apply for a course.
- The students are expected to give standardized testing in the US such as the ACT or SAT or equivalent (for international students).
- Students must also get transcripts of their test results and have a 3.7 unweighted GPA or a 4.0 weighted GPA.
- Two original passport-sized photographs
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial Support Documents
- Copy of Passport
- English Proficiency test scores
Test required/ Average score
- IELTS - Band 6 or Above
- TOEFL - Score of 61 or above
- GMAT- 450 or above
- Either SAT or ACT with a passing grade is required for all students.
- Computer Science
- Social Work
- Liberal Arts and Sciences/ Liberal Studies
- Biology and Biological Sciences
- Business administration and Management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Communication and Media studies
How the university evaluates applicants
The GPA of a student is a significant academic consideration for Northeastern Illinois College authorities. The admissions examiners take into account an applicant's high school class rank and recommendation letters, if any are available. There may be different qualifying requirements for enrollment at Northeastern Illinois University. Therefore, before starting the registration process, candidates should thoroughly check the course prerequisites via the official website.
Tips for applying to the university
- Through the university's website, submit an online application (Admissions Portal) within the deadline.
- Complete all forms needed for the programme that you want to apply for.
- Examine your applications and submit the required files mentioned on the website.
- Payment of the application cost of $30 is non-refundable.
The deadline for the Fall Batch is June 15th. For the spring batch, the deadline is October 1st and for the Summer batch, it is March 1st. International students are advised to enroll at least a month before the deadline date.
Acceptance Rate of Top University
Study in USA
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering in USA
- MBA in USA
- Masters in Industrial Engineering in USA
- Masters in Biomedical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Education in USA
- Masters in Data Analytics in USA
- Masters in Psychology in USA
- Masters in Design in USA
- Masters in Computer Science in USA
- MBA in Finance in USA
- Masters in Economics in USA
- Masters of Law in USA
- MBA in Healthcare Management in USA
- Masters in Architecture in USA
- Masters in Cyber Security in USA
- MBA in Marketing in USA
- Masters in Civil Engineering in USA
- MBA in HR in USA
- Masters in Pharmacy in USA
- Masters in Electrical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Information SysteMS in USA
- Masters of Engineering in USA
- Masters in Chemical Engineering in USA
- Masters in Supply Chain Management in USA
- Masters in Finance in USA
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.