Montana State University Admission 2023Bozeman Montana, USA
Montana State University Acceptance Rate
- It has been ranked at 201-250 in the QS US UNI ranking for 2021.
- It is ranked at 263 in the list of National Universities by U.S. News for 2022-23.
- It also has a rank of 801-1000 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2023.
Montana State University has a moderate acceptance rate of 73%, as of the fall, 2021. The previous rate of acceptance at the university was 80.8% in 2020.
Admission eligibility criteria
- The applicant must have graduated from a high school which is accredited by an accrediting agency of the state, or the applicant must have a passing score on an equivalent high school examination such as GED or HiSET.
- MSU Academic Requirement which satisfies the required score of either high school grade points or SAT.
- The applicant must successfully complete a College Preparatory Curriculum.
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree from a government-recognized and accredited university.
- B as the average GPA or higher (3.0/4.0) in the undergraduate study course.
- GRE test scores are required by some of the departments of the university.
- English Language Proficiency scores for international students.
- Downloaded, printed or online admission application.
- Non-refundable application fee payment proof.
- High school transcripts to be sent directly by the high school to the Office of Admission of the university.
- Equivalency exam from approved high schools.
- Optional SAT/ACT scores.
- GRE test scores if required.
- English Language Proficiency scores.
- Letters of recommendation, if required.
- Official transcripts consisting of all completed post-secondary coursework.
- A personal statement.
- Clinical, pre-clinical and health
- Engineering and technology
- Life sciences
- Physical sciences
- Social sciences
How the university evaluates applicants?
Montana State University reviews official transcripts and academic achievements for evaluating national and international students. International students are further evaluated on the basis of their English proficiency levels, as determined through exams like the IELTS or TOEFL.
Tips for applying to the University
- Applicants must take time before deciding to apply because the courses are intensive.
- Applicants should first explore the opportunities that Montana State University can offer through campus tours.
- Applicants may choose to change their majors even if they were planning on one for several years.
The following are the recommended dates for filing applications to the Office of Admission.
- July 1 for the Fall Semester
- December 1 for the Spring Semester
- May 1 for the Summer Session.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.