The University of New Mexico Admission 2023Albuquerque, USA
The University of New Mexico, also known as UNM, is a public research university and the state's premier educational institution. It is situated in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in the United States. This reputable institute, located at the center of Albuquerque, is well-known in the US educational system. It was established in 1889 to educate students on the values necessary to create enlightened citizens.
The University of New Mexico Rankings 2022
In a list of 443 national universities, the University of New Mexico is ranked at #212. Schools are evaluated depending on how well they do compare to several generally accepted quality indicators. Some of the other rankings are given below:
- #107 in Top Public Schools
- #90 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #212 in National Universities
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-2023
The University of New Mexico has a 65% acceptance rate, meaning 52 out of 100 applications are accepted.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate) 2022-2023
The acceptance rate of undergraduates is 65%, which demands highly professional learning and knowledge.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate) 2022-2023
The acceptance rate of postgraduates is 65%; the acceptance rate varies on some competitive courses.
How to Get Admission to the University of New Mexico?
Undergraduate: SAT or ACT scores are not required from international applicants. However, if students have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to 3.5, these examinations may be helpful in the scholarship selection process. The following are the prerequisites for undergraduate students:
- Students must possess a high school diploma or certificate from an accredited institution.
- Certificates from secondary school (X) and higher secondary (XII) are necessary.
Tests Required/Average Scores
The University of New Mexico admission criteria demand the following scores:
- IELTS: 6.5 or more
- TOEFL iBT: 79 or more
- DET: 105 or more
For more detailed information regarding English language requirements for the university, take a deep dive on the official webpage and check out other eligibility criteria.
This also shows the medium rate of selection for the institution according to the eligibility criteria at the University of New Mexico. Although the institution’s admission process is more relaxed than other colleges, they require a student to meet their GPA and SAT/ACT requirements.
The following are the documents needed to apply to the University of New Mexico:
- Official Academic Transcripts.
- Copy of Passport.
- Resume or CV.
- Letter of Recommendation.
- Two original passport photos.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Financial Support
- Masters of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Architecture
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology
- Bachelors in Astrophysics
- BS/BA in Chemistry
- Master of Landscape Architecture and many more
How Does this University Evaluate Applicants?
The University of New Mexico in the USA evaluates applicants based on their minimum required eligibility, previous academic learnings, and English language proficiency skills.
Few Tips Regarding Admission to the University of New Mexico
- Students must submit their updated transcripts to the university.
- Do not fear ACT or SAT scores because they are not considered during admission.
- Students should keep themselves updated with the newest pieces of information.
The University of New Mexico assesses applicants based on their English language proficiency, prior academic performance, and minimum eligibility requirements. The application deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Semester: June 15
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Session: March 1
Priority Deadlines For Undergraduate Students (Domestic)
- Fall Semester: June 1
- Spring Semester: December 16
- Summer Session: June 1
Application Deadlines For Graduate Students
- Fall Semester: May 1
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Session: March
*Please note the university can change the dates of some applications in some cases.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.