Germany is one of the most powerful economies in the world. It is known around the globe for an excellent job market and the best-paying salaries. International job seekers are attracted by opulent employment opportunities. However, it is not that easy for an applicant to get a job in Germany while sitting in their home country. There are recruitment agencies and job portals, but the opportunities are limited. The Germany job seeker visa was introduced to welcome job seekers to the country to find an employment opportunity.
It is a beautiful country where employees work for only 35 hours a week, unlike some of the major overseas destinations. The country has the best work-life balance. Innovation and success go hand in hand, where job seekers from varied backgrounds and specializations easily find good employment opportunities. Applicants that decide to work in Germany need to be aware of the Germany job seeker visa requirements. This allows foreign nationals to stay in Germany and look for job opportunities and be physically present for interviews or examinations.
Read More: Career Opportunities in Germany
What is a Job Seeker Visa?
A job seeker visa in Germany has a long-term residency permit that allows job seekers to live in Germany for around 6 months and look for employment. Applicants need to find employment within 6 months. If they are unable, the visa period can be extended under certain conditions. However, the applicants cannot start working immediately after getting a job. It only means that a job seeker can stay in Germany and look for a job. Once they find a job, they will be granted a Germany work visa or work permit.
There are various prerequisites that a job seeker needs to meet and fulfill to get a job seeker visa in Germany:
1. The job seekers need to meet eligibility criteria like Germany proficiency and academic records.
2. Foreign nationals need to attach all the documents to support all statements.
3. The application form needs to be downloaded, duly filled, and then the printed copy needs to be presented at the time of the visa interview and submission.
Important Resources to Read for Study in Germany:
Eligibility of applicants to get a job seeker visa in Germany
A Germany job seeker visa is granted only to eligible applicants. There are several criteria that the applicants need to fulfill:
1. A job seeker needs to have a bachelor’s or a master’s degree from a Germany university or an equivalent foreign university. The degree holds a lot of worth when the applications are scrutinized.
2. The professionals need to have a minimum of 5 years of work experience relevant to the degree.
3. Financial stability is an important factor that will be considered. The applicants need to show sufficient proof and evidence of financial stability during the job search period in Germany.
4. Travel and health insurance in Germany is a must. This is important until the applicant gets a work visa or work permit.
5. It is recommended that applicants or job seekers should brush up on their Germany language proficiency to increase the chances of visa approval.
Documents for job seeker visa application
Documents play an important role at the time of applying for a job seeker visa. An applicant needs to fulfill all the Germany job seeker visa requirements to get approval. Documents need to be valid without forgery or duplication. The application form should have all the necessary documents attached with it. It should not be hand-filled, but a downloaded and printed copy.
Note: Incomplete document submission and application forms can lead to the rejection of the visa application. Here is a Germany job seeker visa checklist for an applicant:
1. A passport valid for 12 months after the return time
2. Supporting documents that show passport data details
3. Three passport size photographs
4. Certificates and degrees that trace the journey of education
5. Certificates of the professional training courses
6. Work experience proof of previous employers
7. Bio-metric specifications
8. Proof of financial stability. It includes bank account details and statements
9. Accommodation proof and details of where the job seeker will stay in Germany
10. Detailed curriculum vitae
12. Blocked account details
13. A cover letter that states the information and details about the purpose of the visit, duration, objective, career plans, preferred job profile, and strategies to find a job within 6 months.
14. Proof of health and medical insurance with full coverage
15. Duly filled application form
16. Proof of individual status in the native country, like birth certificate, identification proof, and marriage certificate.
Application form and appointment
Documentation is very important. What comes after the documentation is the application form. Job seekers need to download an application form and print it. It has to be filled completely. The Germany embassy offers the form and it needs to be submitted back with the documents. An interview appointment will be given by the embassy.
Read More: Settle in Germany from India
The online application of the Germany job seeker visa is a pathway to finding employment with potential employers in Germany. It is not a cakewalk to get a job seeker visa since the competition is high. Job seekers need to pay attention to every prerequisite and factor to get approval. You can easily get the right assistance regarding all the documents and application process of a Germany job seeker visa, from the counselors of upGrad Abroad.
Read to Know About Top Universities in Germany: