American University Admission 2023Washington, USA
- It has a QS World University Ranking of #701-750 (2023).
- It also has a Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking of #601-800 for 2023.
- It is ranked at 72 in National Universities (2022-23) by U.S. News.
According to the data for 2020, the acceptance rate of this university is 38.7%.
Admission Eligibility criteria
- Students should get at least 50% in the mathematics and critical reading sections of the SAT
- They should get at least 50% in ACT
- Students who will get admission to postgraduate courses in this university have to acquire the same scores in the SAT and ACT examinations, 50% in both.
- Submission of the application fee, which is non-refundable.
- An official high school transcript.
- SAT and ACT scores.
- A recommendation letter will be written by the teacher.
- A recommendation letter from the school counselor.
- SAT and ACT
- TOEFL iBT- 100
- TOEFL PBT- 600
- TOEFL CBT- 250
- International Relations and Affairs
- Business administration and Management
- Political science and government.
How the university evaluates applicants
As this University is very selective, the evaluation procedure of the applicants is done through examinations and extracurricular activities. The evaluation procedure is quite strict.
Tips for applying to the American University
- Application fees will be paid by the student along with filling out the form on the official website of the University.
- Students have to keep a track record of the submitted form.
- A letter of recommendation must be written by the previous school teacher which will help with admissions.
- Students have to know the next steps of being enrolled, which will be described on the official website of the University.
The application deadline for the university will be November 15 to December 31st and then again from January 15 to February 15.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.