University of North Georgia Admission 2023Dahlonega, USA
Established in 2013, the University of North Georgia is a public university formed after the merger of State University & North Georgia College. The University has four main campuses located in Northeast Georgia (Blue Ridge, Cumming, Dahlonega, Gainesville, and Oconee), aiming to provide quality education to the students of the northeastern region. It is one of the largest public educational institutions and one of the best military colleges in the region.
The University of North Georgia Army ROTC program is extremely renowned in the US. Students receive various programs and educational expertise, preparing them for the future. The University of Georgia also offers internship programs and opportunities to study abroad. The University emphasizes promoting discussion-based education, critical thinking, in-depth learning, discussion, teamwork, and analysis.
Stick to the end of the article to learn more about the acceptance rate of the University of North Georgia and other opportunities at the institution.
A university ranking plays a crucial role when a student decides on a university for higher education. It helps in analyzing the facilities and education provided by a university.
The University of North Georgia has consistently ranked among the top 100 in different rankings held by various reputed ranking systems. According to US News & Report, it has been ranked #36 (Regional Universities South), #21 (Best colleges for veterans), #44 (Best Value Schools), and #15 (Top Public Schools).
It has been ranked 88 for being a Top Performer and 328th for encompassing one of the best college campuses. The University of North Georgia is also one of the most diverse colleges in Georgia, ranked at 35.
Acceptance Rate (General)
The acceptance rate of the University is calculated based on the number of students selected for studying at the University within the total number of applications submitted.
The acceptance rate of the University of North Georgia is 76%, which has consecutively increased over the previous years, especially for international students. Any student with a GPA of 2.75 scores on a 4.0 scale can apply for the degree courses, but being a reputable university, the competition is quite cut-throat.
Undergraduate Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of the University of North Georgia is 75%, but it does not specify the acceptance rate for undergraduate degree courses. Students accepted in the undergraduate degree courses obtain an average SAT score between 990- 1190 and an ACT score between 19- 26 (average range).
Postgraduate Acceptance Range
Very little information is available on the acceptance rate for postgraduate degree courses. Therefore, the acceptance rate of 76% applies to all undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses for both domestic and international students.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
Adhering to the eligibility criteria set by the admission panel is essential for being accepted in your desired course. Here are the eligibility requirements if you want to know how to get admission to the University of North Georgia.
The University of North Georgia admission criteria is as follows.
- The applicant must be 16 years or above in the year of commencing the degree course.
- Must have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Different degree courses have set different requirements; visit the official website of the University of North Georgia to understand the different eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should have completed an undergraduate degree course from an accredited and recognized educational institution.
- The applicant must obtain a minimum GPA of 2.75- 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and an English Proficiency score of TOEFL iBT 79 or 6.5 in IELTS to fulfil the University of North Georgia admission criteria.
Providing the correct set of documents is essential to ease the application process at the University; inability to provide the correct documents can even lead to the cancellation of candidature.
The documents required at the University of North Georgia are
- High school transcripts evaluated by NACES
- SAT/ACT scores
- English language proficiency proof
- Financial proof (bank or statement scale showing the availability of at least 39, 000 USD
- Application form
- Recent passport-sized photographs
- Visa and passport copies (for international students)
Tests Required/Average Scores.
The tests accepted at the University of North Georgia are
- An average of 20- 26 ACT score
- A minimum SAT score of 1040
- International students have to provide scores of their English proficiency tests (IELTS or TOEFL)
The University of South Georgia provides 140+ degree courses for students. The popular courses available at the University are Business Management and Marketing, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Computer and Information Sciences, Education, Health Programs, Psychology, and Social Sciences.
How University Evaluates Applicants
The University of North Georgia strictly adheres to the criteria set by the admission council. Candidates that meet the admission requirements are put on the preference list. You must submit the correct documents to aid your selection at the esteemed University.
Tips For Applying To University
Here are some essential tips to be selected for the prestigious educational institution
- Before applying, skim through the required criterias, ensure you understand all the requirements correctly and submit the essential documents accordingly.
- Register yourself for the examination required by the University
- International students should complete all requirements like Visa and passport before applying for their desired course.
The University of North Georgia accepts international students in two seasons, i.e., during the Summer and Fall sessions. The deadline for the Spring session is November 1, and the Fall session is May 1. Domestic students can also apply for the summer session, whose deadline extends till April 1.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.