Western Oregon University Admission 2023Monmouth, USA
- 701-750 in the 2023 QS World University Rankings
- U.S. News ranks it at 55 (Regional Universities West) for 2022-23
- #376 in the Safest College Campuses list by Niche
- #373 in the Best Colleges for Education in America by Niche
- Times Higher Education ranks it at >600th in its US College Rankings list for 2022.
Confirmations from Western Oregon College are precise, with a 92% acceptance rate. Most applicants had SAT scores between 910 and 1170. However, one-fourth of admitted students achieved scores above these ranges, whereas one-quarter achieved scores below these ranges.
Admission eligibility criteria
- A GPA of at least 3.0 is necessary to qualify.
- Either SAT 1130 or ACT 23 scores are needed if your GPA is between 2.75 and 2.99.
- English language proficiency.
- GMAT/GRE scores in certain cases.
- SAT/ACT results if needed.
- Financial Records.
- SOP (Statement of Purpose) and LORs (recommendation letters) for some courses.
- ID page of the passport.
- GMAT or GRE scores for those with GPAs lower than 3.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores.
- Original transcripts from the college attended and graduated from.
- Official transcripts from every school attended before applying.
- Original documents must be submitted by the students, but certified copies are also acceptable.
Test required/ Average score
- IELTS- 5 and above
- TOEFL iBT- 61 and above
- SAT- 1130
- ACT- 23
- Cognitive science
- Business management
- Homeland security, law enforcement, firefighting, and related protective services
- Health professions and related programmes
- Graphic and performing arts
- Information Technology
How the university evaluates applicants
The university evaluates candidates on the basis of their GPAs, along with their GRE and SAT scores, if needed. It looks into previous academic records as well. Applicants not meeting the basic criteria are reviewed thoroughly on the institution, considering additional aspects like the outcomes of standardized tests, the difficulty levels of the courses studied, and the evaluation of writing samples or personal essays. No cognitive elements and other predictors of academic success are also included in reviews.
Tips for applying to the university
- Filling out the online application is mandatory.
- The application can be done directly from the university portal or through a designated agent for international students.
- Also note that a high school-level second language must be studied for two years at WOU with a grade of C or above, or with satisfactory performance on the available proficiency-assessment options.
A new semester at Western Oregon University begins every spring and fall. The deadline for the spring semester is November 1 and the fall batch deadline is February 15.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.