Washington Adventist University Admission 2023Takoma Park, USA
The university rankings of the Washington Adventist University are the following:
- Ranks #133-175 In Regional Universities in Northern USA as per U.S. News.
- Ranks #610 in Nursing (USA) as per U.S. News.
- Ranks at 17 (Global) in the 2022 list of the Academic Ranking of World Universities by the Shanghai Ranking Consultancy
The acceptance percentage for Washington Adventist University admissions is currently 62% but has risen to 79.9% post 2020, making it easier to get in. International students are advised to enroll beforehand as the acceptance rate is higher in the initial evaluation stages. They are advised to enroll at least 1 month prior to the deadline date of 1st August.
Admission eligibility criteria
Students must have fully completed their previous academic degrees to be able to apply for the university and it needs to meet the level required for a bachelor's degree in the USA.
- The proof of completion of high school degree for a bachelor's course and the proof of completion of a bachelor's degree for applying for a master's degree.
- English proficiency certification of one of the International Standards for English assessment.
- Valid Passport and Student Visa.
- Financial Competency Affidavit.
Test required/ Average score
- IELTS- 5 or above
- TOEFL- PBT - 550 or above
- TOEFL-iBT- 78 or above
- TOEFL- CBT - 213 or above
- WES-ICAP for Transfer Students
- Students need to obtain a transcript evaluation by WESS-ICAP and have it submitted to the Office of Admission if they have earned college credits elsewhere.
- Health Wellness and Physical education
- Computer Science
- Medical Imaging
- Religion and Theology
How the university evaluates applicants
The university mostly looks into the ACT and SAT scores as well as the grades of previous academic degrees (this includes high school grades as well). Physical interviews are not done but a cover letter is to be provided, on which the candidates are evaluated along with their previous grades.
Tips for applying to the university
- It is advised that students take the SAT or ACT before applying to Washington Adventist University.
- Students have the ability to apply directly from the University website.
- The student visa is to be obtained prior to university documentation.
- Proof of financial soundness is to be provided while applying.
- Entrance Exam Scorecards for GRE/ GMAT/ LSAT/ MCAT are necessary for specific courses.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae is another requirement.
- SOPs and LORs are also recommended though not compulsory.
For all bachelor's and master's degree programmes, the application deadline is August 1. Moreover, a $25 application fee must be paid to obtain an application form.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.