Northwestern University is one of the prestigious private research teaching universities located in the Evanston United States of America. The university is constantly ranked in the top 50 colleges globally by the QS World University ranking as well as Times Higher Education (THE). It offers prestigious undergraduate postgraduate and doctoral programs to domestic and international students. The university has more than 90 education centres and 50 research centres being one of the leading American research universities. The University is prestigious for its research opportunities, top-ranked department, citations, and prestigious faculties. More than 36% of the total student strength in Northwestern University belongs to 65 different countries worldwide. Northwestern University is one of the most competitive universities in America to get admission with an acceptance rate of 9%. Students need to fulfil the eligibility criteria and meet the admission requirements to be eligible for a final admission at Northwestern University.
Northwestern University’s global ranking
Northwestern University holds a rank of 30th position globally by QS University World Ranking. The University is ranked by THE at 24th position in the World University rankings 2022. In World Reputation Ranking 2021, Northwestern University holds a rank of 32nd by THE and in US college rankings 2022 it holds a rank of the ninth position globally. The U.S. News & World Report ranks Northwestern University at 9th position in national universities in 2022.
Northwestern University acceptance rate for undergraduate courses
With an acceptance rate of 9% for undergraduate courses, the admission process at Northwestern University is very competitive and selective. Students need to go through a tough competition when it comes to meeting the cutoff regarding standardized examination or language requirements along with academic scores.
Northwestern University acceptance rate for postgraduate programs
Northwestern University is consistently ranked by QS World University ranking, Times Higher Education as well as U.S. News & World Report for the subject as well as sports rankings. It offers prestigious postgraduate programs and courses that are valued by global employers. with an acceptance rate of 9%, Northwestern University is a tough competition for international students. The admission requirements are high and only remarkable students with an undergraduate degree from a recognized board of study are eligible to take admission.
Eligibility criteria for Northwestern University Bachelor’s courses
1. Students need to fulfil the English language test requirements by taking either TOEFL or IELTS examination. The scores will be valid only for one year. The minimum IELTS score requirement is 6.5 and for TOEFL it is 27.
2. Students need to at least aim for 75 percentile in their high school from a recognized group of study along with the proof of the grading system. It should be at least a 4.1 GPA or higher. The higher the GPA, the better will be the chances of getting admission and the GPA is lower than the minimum 4.1 GPA then the student needs to compensate the great with standardized scores.
3. Students applying for undergraduate courses at Northwestern University need to have an ACT score of 35 and SAT score of 1540.
Northwestern University eligibility criteria for masters’ courses
1. Students applying for post-graduation courses and programs need to have a full-time undergraduate degree from a recognized board of study.
2. The major or specialization should have a compulsory subject studied in the undergraduate degree.
3. English language proficiency test scores for IELTS Exam and TOEFL Exam are compulsory to submit along with the application. For IELTS the school requirement is 6.5 band and for TOEFL it is 27.
Top popular courses
Northwestern University is well known for its prestigious and diversified range of courses and majors for undergraduate as well as postgraduate doctoral students. The courses and programs are consistently top-ranked by the subject rankings globally. Let us quickly take a look at the top popular courses offered by Northwestern University.
5. International relation
7. Business administration
9. computer science
Be a part of Northwestern University by fulfilling the eligibility criteria and understanding the acceptance rate. Being a globally ranked university, it is a tough competition to get enrol for courses at Northwestern University. To know more about that vision process get in touch with the admission experts of upGrad Abroad.