You should get a clear idea of the Google scholarship, which Google Inc. grants to students desirous of pursuing a future technology career. Google scholarships are offered for students in India, enabling financial support, workshops, and training for scholarship holders. Multiple Google scholarship 2022 programs are provided to aspirants from Class V onwards. There are multiple options, including the Google scholarship for women, the Google Venkat Panchapakesan memorial scholarship, and other Google conference scholarships.
Every Google scholarship for Indian students has its list of eligibility terms and conditions. Here is a list of options under the Google scholarship program with their own criteria that you should keep in mind.
- Udacity-Google Developer Scholarship- Only for Indian citizens and also those who are at least 18 years old.
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program (earlier called the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Program) – Only for female aspirants, including undergraduate and graduate students. They should be studying at a recognized university in the academic year. They should study computer engineering, computer science, and related technical disciplines. The applicant should have good academic records.
- Google Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship- The scholarship is for those graduate and undergraduate students who have enrolled in a college/university. They should pursue degree programs in computer science, computer engineering, and other related academic disciplines.
- Google Conference and Travel Scholarships- It is open for students globally. The applicant should be enrolled in a recognized university to attend a conference in India. The aspirant should require a travel fund for the conference. Their paper should be accepted at a top-tier conference on the topic of computer science. Preference will be for conferences whose research area is syncing with the interest of Google. The applicant should be the paper’s primary author.
- Doodle 4 Google India Contest- Students from classes 1-10 have eligibility while having permission from their guardians/parents/school teachers. The contest is not open to any interns, affiliates, contractors, employees, or officials.
- Google India Code to Learn Contest- This is open for students between 5-10 in the groups of Classes 5 and 6, 7 and 8, and 9 and 10. The students may participate via their computer teachers only.
- Generation Google Scholarship- It is only open for female applicants studying computer science or related topics and in the first/second year of a bachelor’s course at an accredited institution. They should also have an excellent educational record.
You should keep track of various scholarships like the Google conference scholarships and the Google Ph.D. scholarships.
- Udacity-Google Developer Scholarship- Access to Udacity online courses. The scholarship phase 1 comes with 1,000 challenge scholarships for three months of courses. Phase 2 comes with 1000 full Nanodegree scholarships to students for a period of six months of courses.
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program- It is an academic scholarship with an opportunity to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat, while fellows may also take part in workshops and training programs. They can also connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors.
- Google Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial- There is a sum of $750 paid for costs linked to education and tuition. It also comes with the scope of visiting the YouTube headquarters in California, USA.
- Google Conference and Travel Scholarship- USD 1,000-3,000 is the amount for covering the conference registration cost and costs of travel, accommodation, and other expenditure.
- Doodle 4 Google India Contest- National scholarship winners will get a college scholarship of INR 5 lakh and a technology package of INR 2 lakh, along with a trophy/certificate of achievement. The winners in the group will get a medal of recognition/trophy, a certificate of achievement, and a lot more. The national finalist will also get a certificate of achievement.
- Google India Code to Learn Contest- Chromebook laptop or any equivalent gift item and an achievement certificate.
- Generation Google Scholarship- USD$1,000.
You should upload all necessary documents online while you are filling up the scholarship application form. You will require your transcripts, updated resumes, and short essays.
How to Apply?
- Udacity-Google Developer Scholarship- Online application through the official website.
- Women Techmakers Scholars Program- Online application via official notification of the Women Techmakers Scholars Program.
- Google Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship- Candidates may apply online via the notification for the scholarship.
- Google Conference and Travel Scholarships- Online application via the official notification of the scholarship.
- Doodle 4 Google India Contest- Students may apply offline and online. For the former, the form may be downloaded and submitted (via post) to Doodle for Google, Google India Private Limited, Signature Tower 2, Tower B, Delhi-Jaipur Expressway, Sector-15, Part 2, Gurugram, Haryana, 122001.
- Google India Code to Learn Contest- Online applications via computer teachers via the official notification for the contest
- Generation Google Scholarship- Online application via the official website.
Name of the Scholarship
Timeline for submitting the application
Women Techmakers Scholars Program
Between April and May
Udacity-Google Developer Scholarship
Between January and February
Google Conference and Travel Scholarships
Google Venkat Panchapakesan Memorial Scholarship
Between May and July
Generation Google Scholarship
Between November and December
Doodle 4 Google India Contest
Between September and October
Google India Code to Learn Contest
Between May and September
Are there any scholarships from Google?
Google Inc offers specialized Google scholarships in the country for those students who wish to pursue technology careers. These provide financial support while holding training programs and workshops for aspirants. Many programs are provided from Class V onwards.
How do I apply for the Google 2022 scholarship?
You should have enrolled as a full-time bachelor’s student for the current academic year and be in your second year at an accredited university in the Asia-Pacific region. Other scholarships may have varying conditions. You can apply online.
✓End to end Visa/Application support