The Chicago Booth Business School of Chicago offers international students MBA programs in four different formats to help them meet their professional goals. These include the global Executive MBA program, the full-time MBA program, the weekend MBA program, and the evening MBA program.
The estimated total tuition fee of the MBA program (two years) is US $155,682. This cost includes 2,200 units of coursework, student service fees, administrative service fees, books, food and accommodation, computer allowance, transportation, lifetime transcript fee, and miscellaneous expenses.
The entire tuition fee is charged in six quarterly installments. This is regardless of whether students graduate in less than six quarters. Many merit-based Chicago Booth Business School Scholarships are available to reward academic excellence and talent.
Indian students are eligible for three such scholarships. The first is the Ramakrishna Family Scholarship. This scholarship is funded by an endowment from Guru Ramakrishna and Anupama Ramakrishna and is mainly offered to Indian nationals.
The second is the Global Innovator Fellowship awards, granted to all international students, mainly those who wish to use their MBA program to challenge the status quo. These include professional and personal goals directed towards marginalized individuals, underserved industries, and emerging markets.
The third scholarship is the A.H. Tobaccowala Fellowship award, offered mainly to applicants whose place of residence is in India.
The Chicago Booth Business School Scholarships eligibility for international students depends solely on the eligibility criteria of the MBA program. These include –
- The applicant must have a university or college degree equivalent to the four-year degree of American baccalaureate. This includes three-year international degrees.
- The applicant must prove English proficiency by taking any of the following online examinations – IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE
- Student visa-related documents, the details of which are sent to admitted applicants during spring
Note – Part-time MBA applications (evening and weekend MBA) are not eligible for student visas.
Top Scholarships to Study Abroad
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarships
- CCSE Graduate Scholarship
- Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- QS Scholarship For Academic Excellence
- FINCAD Women in Finance Scholarship
- Generation Google Scholarship
- Skoll Scholarship
- Stuart Hall Scholarship
- Brokerfish International Student Scholarship
- Innovation in Education Scholarship
- Go Clean Scholarship
- National Overseas Scholarship
- Hinrich Foundation Scholarship
The benefits of the Chicago Booth Business School scholarships for Indian students may differ among merit-based awards. These are disclosed at the time of admission.
Since the Chicago Booth Business School Scholarship includes no formal application process, the documentation requirements will be the same as the MBA program process. These include –
- Application form for which the applicant must get themselves registered with the University. This form includes essay questions.
- A professional resume highlighting the applicant’s professional and volunteer activities
- Two letters of recommendation – one from a supervisor and the other from a professional contact
- Official and unofficial educational transcripts
- Self-reported online GRE and GMAT scores
- Proof of English proficiency – TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS
How to Apply?
Wondering how to apply for the Chicago Booth Business School scholarships? There is no formal application process in place. The University considers all applications from international students, but scholarship decisions are solely based on the information furnished within the college application.
The following is the schedule for application submission deadlines (carried out in three rounds) as well as the decision notification dates for the MBA program and the Chicago Booth Business School Scholarships –
22nd September 2022, 11:59 PM CST
1ST December 2022
5th January 2023, 11:59 PM CST
23rd March 2023
11TH April 2023 11:59 PM CST
25th May 2023
Once the application for the desired MBA program is submitted to the Chicago Booth Business School, it is reviewed, and the scholarship award is communicated only at the time of admission. The selection procedure for the scholarship is based upon factors such as academic excellence and merit, interview quality, career aspirations, sense of competitiveness, and the applicant’s life experiences.
Are the Chicago Booth Business School scholarships for Indian students available?
Yes, the Chicago Booth Business School offers scholarships for all international students, including those from India, based on academic excellence. The Ramakrishna Family Scholarship and the Global Innovator Fellowship awards are two such scholarships.
What is the application process for the scholarship?
The University has no separate formal application process in place for the scholarships. All applications submitted for the MBA program are considered, and eligible students are notified at the time of admission.
What are the scholarship benefits?
Each scholarship comes with different benefits. The same is revealed to the applicant on the decision notification date.
How are applicants selected for the scholarships?
All applications are screened, and the following factors are considered while selecting students for scholarships – academic excellence, interview quality, career goals, prospective concentration, and life experiences.
✓End to end Visa/Application support