Are you a student looking for an opportunity to bag a scholarship? With the rise in college tuition fees, it is no wonder that students need to find external scholarship options to support their education.
The Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship is an excellent way for you to further your academic career with the right kind of support. Here’s everything you need to know about the same.
What is the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship?
The Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship is the namesake of two members of the ACFE— Tracy Ritchie and Larry Jennings. The Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship allows students to support their education in fraud examinations.
The Scholarship is named after the exemplary figures in their career path. The founder of ACFE, Dr Joseph T. Wells, has mentioned the same, “Both Tracy Ritchie and Larry Jennings exemplified the true spirit of our organization with their devotion to detecting, investigating and deterring fraud and white-collar crime.”
If you’re aspiring a career as an anti-fraud and wish to become a Certified Fraud Examiner, then this Scholarship is meant for you.
The total amount this scholarship awards are $10,000, $5,000, $2,500, and $1,000 (INR 7.47 lakh, INR 3.73 lakh, INR 1.86 lakh, and INR 74,000). The amount is paid out in US dollars. You will also receive an ACFE Student Associate membership. Isn’t all this great news for you?
The university will directly receive the award for you, and you won’t have to scurry around to pay it.
Eligibility Required for the Scholarship
If you wish to be eligible for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship, you will have to enrol in a full-time course for the year 2022-23 as a student. This course must be taken at an accredited university and four years long.
You must be majoring or minoring in the following subjects:
- Business Administration
- Criminal Justice
One should also show interest in having a successful career in fraud examination or another anti-fraud field of your choice.
As an undergraduate student pursuing your Bachelor’s degree right now, you will have to be admitted to nine-semester hours per term course. You can also be part of its equivalent. You also need to be in your second year or the second half of your sophomore year in college when you apply to the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship.
Master’s Students/Ph.D. Students
As a postgraduate student pursuing your Master’s or PhD degree right now, you will have to be admitted in a six semester hours per term course. You can also be part of its equivalent.
Furthermore, you must be part of a four-year university course and enrol in the 2022-23 academic year to apply for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship.
Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship- Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply successfully for the Scholarship, one needs to meet the criteria mentioned below:
- Those pursuing Undergraduate studies must enrol in 9 semester hours (or equivalent) per term
- When applying for the Scholarship, undergraduates must be at least in the second half of their sophomore year
- The enrolment should meet the six semester hours (or equivalent) per term criteria for graduate students.
- One should have an active enrolment at an accredited, four-year college or university with enrollment through the 2022-2023 academic year
- A duly filled Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship application
- An Official Transcript(s) reflecting all completed college or university courses
- Two recommendation forms on behalf of the applicant need to be submitted
Please go through the list carefully so that you understand properly if Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship is meant for you or not:
- If you have a past scholarship award recipient record, you cannot apply for this Scholarship again
- You cannot avail of the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship if you are still a high school student, even if you are in your senior year.
- If you are part of a Junior College or even a Community College, you cannot apply for the Scholarship.
- As a college/university student, if you are graduating in 2022, you cannot apply. Only students enrolled through the year 2023 are eligible for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship.
- If you are an ACFE Chapter director or an ACFE officer, then you are ineligible.
What are the Benefits of the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship?
If you are still wondering if you should apply for the Scholarship, keep reading! The Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship is the best opportunity for you to have the ACFE Foundation support your education.
As a student who wishes to become a part of the anti-fraud field or have a career in fraud examination, you should apply to the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship. The amount that is awarded is directly paid to the university and helps support your education to become a Certified Fraud Examiner.
For the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship, you only need a handful of documents. Nothing crazy here! You will not be discriminated against based on your colour, race, religion, or nationality at all by the ACFE Foundation.
To be awarded the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship, you need to provide the following documents with your application:
- A duly completed scholarship application form
- Two recommended forms
- Official transcripts: All the academic achievements you have received must be shown through these transcripts
- You will have to show how you are interested in fraud-related activities and showcase your career goals.
- You need to provide two letters of recommendation. One of these letters from CFE that is, a Certified Fraud Examiner
Application Process for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship
The process of applying for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship is not complicated at all! If you follow the steps written out here, you should easily apply with no issue. So, here’s how you can apply for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship:
- The first step is to complete the online Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship Application. It means you need to fill out the questionnaire and application form online. One can find both of them on the official website.
- You will then have to attach your official transcripts. These documents must clearly show that you have completed all of your higher education courses. Make a note of the fact that unofficial transcripts are also acceptable.
- You need to provide two letters of recommendation. All of your recommenders will receive a link online for them to be able to upload their verdicts. They will give individual recommendations for you. When filling out the form, at least one is preferred to be from a CFE or your professor. You should meet up with a Local ACFE Chapter, which will help you find a CFE. You should also apply for extra recommendations forms so you can showcase your interests in the fraud-related field.
Some Important Dates You Need to Keep in Mind
Now that you are all prepped to apply for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship, these are the dates to keep in mind for 2022-2023. The schedule goes as follows:
- The application deadline for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship is 4th February 2022.
- The list of scholarship recipients will be announced on 20th April 2022.
- All Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship awards will be given on 2nd May 2022.
What are the Selection Criteria for the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship?
If you want to improve your chances of getting the Ritchie Jennings Memorial Scholarship, then keep the following selection criteria in mind:
- As a student, you have to be enrolled in a full-time course. It has to be at an accredited university or college institution. You have to have nine semester hours per term or six semester hours, depending on whether you are an undergraduate or a graduate.
- You must have a declared major or minor in the following courses: Business administration, finance, accounting, and criminal justice.
✓End to end Visa/Application support