The fashion industry is not run by fancy models and impressive designers alone. It needs individuals who know how to run brands and manage the designers!
Fashion management is a job that requires you to create a brand image and ensure positive public awareness regarding merchandising, marketing, and retail departments. It includes tasks like planning, organizing, and promoting a brand.
The course promises to develop managerial and leadership skills concerning the lifestyle, fashion, retail, and garment export sector. Through this course, students will climb to the top in their career journey as fashion industry managers!
Top Universities Offering the Course
Some top-notch international universities and schools offer fashion management courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. So, buckle your seatbelt and fly abroad to any of the following universities to fulfill your dreams of pursuing higher education!
Let’s look at the list of schools along with the specific fashion management courses they offer:
- Fashion Institute of Technology, New York– Bachelor of Science in Fashion Business Management (QS WUR Ranking for Art and Design 2022 – 151-200th)
- Savannah College of Art and Design, Georgia– BFA in Fashion Marketing and Management(QS WUR Ranking for Art and Design 2022 – 26th)
- Cornell University, New York– Major in Fashion Design and Management(Forbes ranking – 13)
- Fanshawe University, London, Canada– Fashion Marketing and Management Diploma course
- Humber College Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning, Ontario, Canada– Graduate Certificate in Fashion Management
- University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada– Bachelor of Science in Fashion Business Management (QS World University Ranking 2023 – 110th)
- University of Leeds, England– Global Fashion Management MA, International Fashion Marketing and Design Management MA(QS World University Ranking 2023 – 86th)
- University of Manchester, England– MSc in International Fashion Marketing (Blended -online and offline course) (QS World University Ranking 2023 – 28th)
- University of Southampton, England– MA in Fashion Marketing and Branding(QS World University Ranking 2023 – 78th)
- Accademia del Lusso School of Fashion & Design, Italy– MA in Fashion Brand Management
- UIBS Metropolitan Business School, Amsterdam– MA in Fashion Management
- Grenoble ecole de Management, France– MSc in Fashion, Design and Luxury Management(QS World University Ranking 2023 – 317th)
- RMIT University, Melbourne– Bachelor of Fashion (Enterprise),(QS World University Ranking 2023 – 190th)
- University of Canberra– Master of Design Strategies (QS World University Ranking 2023 – 511-520)
Specializations for Fashion Management Courses
Under Fashion management there are several specialized streams that you can undertake as per your affinity.
Let’s take a look at some of the popular specializations offered under the fashion management courses:
Luxury and Fashion Management:
This course will offer insights into marketing strategies used by luxury fashion brands. You will learn how the world’s most renowned brands maintain their image. You will also learn how to forecast business trends, general professional practices, and overcome quality issues.
Fashion Management and Communication:
If you like the nuances of fashion and communication studies, this specialization is ideal for you! This course will help you understand how to create excellent communication strategies like advertisement events, campaigns, and launch events. You will also learn to use different media formats effectively.
Brand and Product Fashion Management:
This course focuses on upskilling you with apt resources and skills to manage huge products and brands within the industry. You will learn the minute details of tools like InDesign, Photoshop, and Excel and how different fashion business models function.
Other specializations include marketing and fashion management, fashion retail management, fashion design management, fashion merchandising management, etc.
Levels of Education
Fashion management is offered at different levels, namely the undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
Under the undergraduate course, students fresh out of their school can apply for either bachelors in arts or a bachelor’s in science in fashion management. It’s a three to a four-year course.
Several universities also offer graduate certificates and diploma courses that run for a year-long or so.
After the undergraduate course, a student can pursue a master’s degree in fashion management or its specializations. These courses run for one or two years, depending on the university and the country.
Average Fee Required for the Course
The fee structure for fashion management at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels vary. Moreover, every university comes up with a fee structure of its own.
Let’s look at some famous universities and their fashion management course fees to determine the average tuition fee.
US (Bachelor’s Course)
- Fashion Institute of Technology– USD 21,690
- Savannah College of Arts and Design– USD 39,100
- Cornell University– USD 62,460
From this, we can infer that the average tuition fee in the US will fall around USD 41,100.
UK (Master’s course)
- University of Leeds – GBP 25,250
- University of Manchester – GBP 19,500
- University of Southampton – GBP 23,000
The average tuition fee required in the UK is around GBP 22,600
Job Prospects of Fashion Management Courses
Luxury and fashion brand management will pave the way for you to enter one of the most opulent industries worldwide. After your fashion management course, you can make your career in the following roles:
- Public relations specialist
- Fashion market manager
- Social and digital media marketing
- Fashion brand manager
- Fashion marketing consultant
- Chief merchandise officer
- Commercial director
- Retail manager
Are you wondering how big your paycheck would be after graduating from your fashion management degree? Let’s look at the salary of top-notch fashion management jobs in the USA!
|PR specialist||USD 51,920|
|Marketing manager||USD 68,251|
|Social media manager||USD 53,005|
|Brand manager||USD 72,716|
|Marketing consultant||USD 64,541|
|Commercial director||USD 134,398|
|Retail Manager||USD 48,250|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is fashion management?
Fashion management is a course that provides knowledge about:
- Creating brand image
- Merchandise management
- Marketing management
- Planning and promoting fashion business
- Managing fashion products
- E-commerce dynamics
- Global strategies of merchandising
Q2. What are the best undergraduate fashion management courses after the 12th?
Once you graduate, you can apply to undergraduate courses under the fashion management degree. Some of the courses you can apply for are:
- BSc in Fashion Business Management
- BFA in Fashion Marketing and Management
- Bachelor of Fashion (Enterprise)