This course is for international students who want to pursue academic studies in health sciences.
Students will be given the opportunity to develop effective English language communication skills and relevant content knowledge that are needed by health practitioners.
In particular, students will explore:
- the language and terminology of health sciences
- a variety of materials centred around health science content
- cultural awareness and responsiveness
- communication with patients or clients and their relatives
- the Australian health care system, and social determinants of health
- critical thinking and problem solving.
Emphasis will be placed on working independently and as a team member, self-directed study, and building confidence. Students will also receive support and specific preparation for external English language proficiency tests.