Harnessing data and using it to make strategic decisions has become the need of various businesses. It is exactly why a master’s in data science has emerged as one of the most sought-after programs worldwide. So, if you are considering pursuing the course from the UK, read on to know the details.
Master’s in data science in the UK is available as a postgraduate program of one year at numerous educational institutions.
A part-time educational course spans two years at several universities. Full-time programs usually cost around £23,000-25,000 (INR 23-25 lakhs) per year. Skilled professionals can expect salaries of £116,000 (INR 1.16 crore) annually with knowledge and sufficient experience.
Important Read: Study in UK without IELTS
Why Study Master’s in Data Science in the UK?
You should consider studying MSc Data Science in the UK for the following reasons:
● Demand has hugely increased for data engineers and scientists worldwide over the last few years.
● Several initiatives by the government and other organizations have made the sector more attractive for aspirants, including funding of £13 million in spheres like data analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and other projects.
● Investments of £45 million have been deployed for Ph.D. courses in AI and related disciplines.
● The average data scientist salary in the UK has gone up exponentially, standing at £116,000 (INR 1.16 crore) for experienced professionals.
● The United Kingdom (UK) is home to several Big Data and AI entities, including Benevolent AI, DeepMind, and FiveAI.
● Salaries have handsomely gone up in the field over the last few years.
Top Universities for Master’s in Data Science in the UK
These are the top universities in the UK for a master’s in data science:
Cost of Studying Data Science in the UK
Average tuition fees of £23,000-25,000 (INR 23-25 lakhs) per year can be expected for data science courses in the United Kingdom. £322 (INR 32,000 approximately) is the student visa cost. Living costs in the UK usually hover between £7,500-15,000 (INR 7.5 lakhs to INR 15 lakhs) per year, depending on the location.
Requirements for Admission
Here are the admission requirements for a master’s in data science in the UK:
● Undergraduate degree in computer science or any relevant educational discipline.
● 2:1 UG degree or minimum marks of 60% at the bachelor’s level.
● GRE is not needed.
● English language proficiency test scores.
● Official academic transcripts.
● LORs (Letters of Recommendation).
● Personal Statements.
● Updated CV/Resume.
Job Prospects after MS in Data Science in the UK
Many universities offer master’s in data science in the UK with placements alongside. There are attractive data scientist jobs in the UK, including positions such as analytics managers, data scientists, functional analysts, data-driven decision making, data systems developers, data analysts, etc. Leading companies such as Informa, SuperSolid London, Harnham, Springer Nature, Afiniti, and Lloyd Data Group hire graduates in large numbers. Average salaries range between £28,000-70,000 (INR 28 lakhs to INR 70 lakhs) per year.
The documents you require for the visa procedure include the following:
● Valid tier-4 sponsor.
● Passport details.
● Proof of funds.
● Criminal records if applicable.
● Recent photograph (passport size).
● Test results for tuberculosis.
● Sponsor’s unconditional written consent.
Carry the email printout of the appointment details, valid travel documents, backing documents, completed application form, and registration information for your interview.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is the UK good for a master’s in data science?
A. The United Kingdom (UK) is an ideal destination for studying a master’s course in data science. Many leading universities offer the course, and almost all of them are globally ranked. Data scientists also find lucrative employment in the UK with handsome starting salaries. There are innumerable recruiters and excellent research opportunities there.
Q. Is data science in demand in the UK?
A. There is a big demand for data science graduates in the UK. Data scientists earn handsome salaries in the country, indicating their need for technology and many other entities. Data science is one of the fastest-growing professions in the country, offering a great scope of growth and research. Demand has gone up by almost three times for qualified data scientists over the last few years.
Q. Is data science a good career in the UK?
Q. Is data science a good career in the UK? A. Data science is an excellent career option in the United Kingdom (UK). The field of study offers excellent prospects in various positions related to functional analysis, data systems development, and more. With proper knowledge and experience, skilled data analysts can earn between £40,000-60,000 (INR 40-60 lakhs) per annum, while starting salaries may hover between £25,000-30,000 (INR 25-30 lakhs) on average.
Q. How much do data scientists make in the UK?
A. Data scientists earn handsome salaries in the United Kingdom (UK), making between £40,000-60,000 (INR 40-60 lakhs) per annum with some experience and knowledge. With career growth, they can earn up to £100,000 (INR 1 crore approximately) per annum. Starting salaries usually range between £25,000-30,000 (INR 25 lakhs to INR 30 lakhs approx) on average.
Important Study Abroad Blogs
|What is ACT Exam||GMAT Exam Pattern||GRE Exam Dates|
|What is SAT Exam||How to Prepare for GMAT||GMAT Syllabus|
|ACT Syllabus||How to Prepare for GRE Verbal||How to Send GRE Scores to Universities|
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support