ETS TOEFL® in collaboration with National Indian Students and Alumni Union (NISAU) has launched the ‘UK-India TOEFL Scholarship’. The grant will support 25 Indian students with financial assistance worth ₹60 Lakh. Around ₹2.4 Lakh will be disbursed to each candidate set to join UK universities for higher education.
The scholarship is a part of celebrations of India@75, ETS@75, and India-UK ties. It will not just assist with college-related expenses, including tuition, housing deposits, books, and transportation, but much more. A selection panel comprising NISAU and UK university representatives will choose the scholarship winners.
Applicants can apply for the scholarship at TOEFL’s official website. The last date to apply for the scholarship for Indian students is July 31, 2023.
- A minimum TOEFL score of 75 out of 120.
- An offer letter from a UK university.
- It’s only open for students enrolling at a UK university for the first time.
- Students who wish to study on a fee-paying undergraduate or postgraduate taught degree level course.
To Apply, Students Must Submit:
- TOEFL test scores.
- An essay of 500 words on “Creating a social impact with a UK-based education.”
- Personal and academic achievements.
Important Dates for the Scholarship:
Application Open: March 18, 2023
Application Close: July 31, 2023
Scholarship Notification: August 20, 2023
- All applications will be assessed based on candidates’ eligibility and completeness of supporting documents.
- The next step will be evaluating the essay submitted along with other personal and academic credentials.
- ETS India will select up to 25 applicants for the scholarship and notify them of their selection.
The successful scholarship recipients will be expected to act as TOEFL ambassadors during their study duration, promoting the program and sharing their experiences.