Air traffic control in the USA Reading Answers- IELTS SampleUpdated on 16 December, 2022
Study Abroad Expert
Study Abroad Expert
To achieve the desired band scores on the IELTS exam, it is necessary to practice as many IELTS sample papers as possible. To help you prepare, here is a reading passage for practice on the topic 'Air traffic control in the United States,' complete with questions and answers.
Answer the questions below.
Choose NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER from the passage for each answer.
Guidelines/Tip for Answering These Types of Questions: Candidates are asked to write no more than three words in this type of question. You can quickly scan the passage to answer these questions.
1. What was established after the Grand Canyon disaster?
2. When was the radio communication coming into use for ATC?
3. What brought the newly developed radar and improved radio communication?
4. How many types of operating environments are the FAA recognised?
5. Which letters are used to designate different types of airspace?
6. Where do jet engines operate well?
7. What is required to enter in the Class B airspace?
Get to know about the latest updates on the IELTS Exam, Eligibility, Preparation Tips, Test procedure, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Registration Process, Important Exam Dates, and much more!! This guide is a one-stop solution for every IELTS Aspirant who aims to crack the exam with an impressive band score.
Do the following statements agree with the information given in the reading passage?
|TRUE||if the statement agrees with the information|
|FALSE||if the statement contradicts the information|
|NOT GIVEN||if there is no information on this in the passage|
Guidelines/Tip for Answering These Types of Questions: Candidates have to identify which statements are true or false by tallying them with the information provided in the passage. To answer these questions, read the passage carefully before marking it as true or false.
8. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is established as a result of accident occurred in the skies over the Grand Canyon
9. Rudimentary air traffic control established after the Grand Canyon disaster
10. Number of road and air accidents occurred in the Grand Canyon
11. Federal Aviation Administration reduced the pilot’s margin of error
12. Under Visual Flight Rules, a pilot relies on both altitude and navigational information given by the instrument panel of the plane to fly safely
13. Controlled airspace divided into three types
Federal Aviation Administration
After an accident in the skies over the Grand Canyon in 1956, the Federal Aviation Administration was created to control and supervise the operation of aircraft in the sky.
By the 1930s, radio communication was used for air traffic control for the first time.
Second World War
Although the ATC Centers took advantage of the new form of radar and radio communication, which the Second World War brought about, the system remained fundamental.
The FAA recognized 2 types of operational environments.
alphabetical/ alphabetical letters
There are different types of controlled airspace, and the alphabets indicate which type it belongs to.
Jet engines are effective at altitudes above 5,490 meters because they operate well at a higher altitude.
Those wishing to enter the airspace of Class B must obtain explicit clearance from the Air Traffic Control Bureau.
Following an accident over the Grand Canyon in the skies, the Federal Aviation Administration was established to monitor and control aircraft operation in the US.
Fundamental air traffic control (ATC) existed before the Grand Canyon incident.
Jet engines resulted in the development of a large number of really fast planes in the years following the establishment of the FAA, resulting in a reduced margin of error for pilots.
According to Instrument Flight Rules, pilots rely on altitude and navigational information in the plane's instrument panel to ensure safe flight during low visibility conditions.
Controlled airspace is divided into several categories, each of which is identified by an alphabetical letter.
IELTS is required to be taken by international students and workers who wish to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication. Know the complete details.IELTS Online Test
With the right knowledge of the IELTS exam syllabus and pattern, cracking the popular English test won’t be difficult.IELTS Syllabus