The University of New South Wales Admission 2023Kensington, Australia
These days, many aspiring undergraduate and postgraduate students want to study in Australia. There are several prestigious universities in the country, one of them being the University of New South Wales.
For those looking to apply to the UNSW, here are some important things to consider.
University of New South Wales Rankings - 2022
The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings placed UNSW Sydney at 70th globally in 2022.
Here are some other rankings of the UNSW:
- #43 according to the QS World University Rankings
- #41 according to the Best Global Universities
- #114 according to the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR)
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-2023
The University of New South Wales acceptance rate is 30% for the 2022–2023 academic year. This means that for every 100 students, only about 30 get through the application process.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate) 2022-2023
The University of New South Wales acceptance rate for undergraduate students is about 30%. This means that getting admission into this high-profile university can be a challenge.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate) 2022-2023
The University of New South Wales acceptance rate for postgraduate students is also around 30%.
How to Get Admission in the University of New South Wales?
Based on the course that a student applies for, they should hold a valid secondary/tertiary education qualification such as:
- Secondary education qualifications
- Higher education study
- Diploma and other post-secondary studies
- Foundation studies
The University of New South Wales admission criteria also require the candidate to meet the English language requirements as specified by the university. The following test scores are accepted:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) - Academic version and IELTS UKVI only
- TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language - internet-based) including TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition
- TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language - Paper-based test)
- PTE (Pearson Test of English - Academic)
- C1 Advanced Cambridge (formerly known as CAE - Cambridge Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency Cambridge (formerly known CPE - Cambridge Proficiency English)
- ANU Access Program
For detailed information on English Language requirements and program-wise eligibility criteria please visit the UNSW website.
The following documents are required for applying to the University of New South Wales:
- Proof of previous education
- English Language test scores
Tests Required/Average Scores
The required scores vary depending on the program the student wants to study.
Some of the popular courses offered by UNSW are:
- Engineering – Mineral & Mining Engineering
- Engineering – Civil & Structural
- Engineering – Petroleum
- Accounting & Finance
- Environmental Sciences
- Earth & Marine Sciences
- Economics & Econometrics
- Engineering – Electrical & Electronic
- Materials Science
- Architecture / Built Environment
- Business & Management Studies
- Anatomy & Physiology
- English Language & Literature
- Sports-related subjects
- Engineering – Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing
How Does UNSW Evaluate Applicants?
UNSW evaluates applicants based on their minimum eligibility requirements, previous academic performance, and english language scores.
Tips for Applying to the University of New South Wales
The University of New South Wales admission requirements differ based on each course. However, for all programs
- The student will need to provide proof of English language proficiency.
- The student will need to furnish all educational transcripts and meet the eligibility requirements for respective programs.
Commencement Intake-Term 1
Commencement Intake-Term 2
Commencement Intake-Term 3
6 Feb-10 Feb
22 May-26 May
4 Sept-8 Sept
13 Feb-21 April
29 May-4 Aug
11 Sept-17 Nov
28 April-11 May
11 Aug-24 Aug
24 Nov-7 Dec
* Please note that the dates can vary, based on the program applied for.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.