The University of Queensland Australia Admission 2023Brisbane, Australia
Many students nowadays aspire to pursue their undergraduate and postgraduate courses and study in Australia. One of the many prestigious universities in Australia is the University of Queensland. The university has several undergraduate, postgraduate, honors, and doctorate programs across several domains.
Here are some important things to consider for those looking to apply to the UNQL.
University of Queensland Rankings
The Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings placed the University of Queensland at 53rd globally in 2023.
Here are some other rankings of the University of Queensland:
- #50 according to the QS World University Rankings
- #36 according to the US News Best Global Universities Rankings
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-2023
The University of Queensland acceptance rate is 40% for the 2022–2023 academic year. This means that for every 100 students, only about 40 get through the application process.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate) 2022-2023
The University of Queensland acceptance rate for undergraduate students is about 40%. This means that seeking a place in the university can be a challenge given the very low intake.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate) 2022-2023
The University of Queensland acceptance rate for postgraduate students is also around 40%.
How to Get Admission to the University of New South Wales
Based on the course that a student applies for, the student is required to hold a basic secondary or tertiary level qualification as below:
- Secondary education qualifications approved by the University of Queensland
- Minimum Entry Score in the entrance examination
- Satisfy subject prerequisites
- Proof of knowledge of English Language
The University of Queensland admission criteria also requires the candidate to meet the English language requirements as specified by the university. The following test scores are accepted:
- a 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each sub-band of the IELTS test, or
- TOEFL ibT ( inc Home Edition and Paper Edition)
- TOEFL PB
- PTE Academic ( inc PTE Academic online)
For detailed information on English Language requirements and program-specific eligibility criteria please visit the UNSW website.
The following documents are required for applying to the University of Queensland:
- Proof of previous education
- Evidence that English language requirements are met
- Application form
Tests Required/Average Scores
The qualifying scores vary according to the program that the student wishes to apply and study.
Some of the categories of popular courses offered by the University of Queensland are:
- Agriculture and Animal Sciences
- Architecture, Design and Urban Planning
- Arts, humanities and social sciences
- Business and Economics
- Communication, Media and Experience Design
- Computer Science and IT
- Health and Medicine
- Science and Mathematics
How Does UQ Evaluate Applicants?
The university assesses each application on a case-by-case basis. University of Queensland’s International Admissions team will review a candidate’s qualifications to see if it meets the requirements of the course/program they are interested in.
They also refer to the ranking or reputation of the candidate’s institution and the Department of Education, Skills, and Employment (DESE) Qualifications Recognition Service. This is done to ensure that the applicant’s academic background meets Australian standards as well as the discipline or subject requirements of a UQ program.
All UQ qualifications are aligned with the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Tips for Applying to the University of Queensland
The University of Queensland admission requirements differ based on each course. However, for all programs
- The student will need to provide proof of proficiency in the English language.
- The student must provide copies of all educational transcripts and meet the eligibility requirements for respective programs.
|Semester 1||30 November of the previous year|
|Semester 2||31 May of the same year.|
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.