Master Degree in Data Science
Batches Starting from 31 August 2021
Key Benefits of the Program
Cost savings compared to regular degree course in Germany
Eligible for post-study work visa application after graduation
Average salary in Germany after completion of the course
Program Structure and Fees
- Executive PG Programme in Data Science
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% or equivalent passing marks. No coding experience required
Cost of Living
Mode of Teaching
- Master Degree in Data Science
- The applicant should successfully complete the Executive PGP from IIIT B.
~ EUR 8,428
Cost of Living
~ EUR 10,332
Mode of Teaching
- Complimentary Python Programming Bootcamp
- 60+ Case Studies and Projects
- IIIT Bangalore & IU, Germany Alumni Status
- No IELTS required to study in Germany for upGrad learners
- Customizable curriculum - 6 Specializations at IIIT B and 10 electives at IU
- Specialized study abroad modules to prepare for success in Germany
- 94% of IU Graduate receive confirmed job offers within 6 months of graduation
- Earn while you learn - Only 12 - 15 hours study time required per week
Machine Learning Engineer
EUR 55959 Annually
EUR 54958 Annually
EUR 55493 Annually
EUR 56431 Annually
EUR 55492 Annually
EUR 45609 Annually
EUR 55505 Annually
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Master in Data Science with upGrad?
What should I expect from the Master Degree in Data Science?
Which topics are going to be covered as part of the programme?
- - Common Curriculum: Basics of SQL, Python, Statistics and EDA, Basic Machine Learning Models
- - Data Science Generalist: Advanced Machine learning & Storytelling, Advanced Programming & Databases
- - Deep Learning Specialization: Advanced Machine Learning, Neural Networks
- - NLP Specialization: Advanced Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing
- - Business Intelligence: Advanced SQL and NoSQL Databases, Storytelling with Advanced Visualization
- - Business Analytics: Advanced Machine Learning, Storytelling and Advanced Business Problem Solving
- - Data Engineering: Data Modelling and Data Warehousing, Building Data Pipelines, Data Streaming and Processing
- Once student reaches Germany, they will be expected to study 2 semesters where they will have options to choose from 10 electives and complete her master thesis and colloquium.
What type of learning experience should I expect?
Is any certification granted at the end of the programme?
When will I have to choose my specialization track?
How do I know which specialization is the best for me?
- - Data Science Generalist: Early Stage Professionals (0-5 yrs Exp) planning to upscale in Data Science
- - Deep Learning: Engineers, Software and IT Professionals
- - Natural Language Processing: Engineers, Software and IT Professionals
- - Business Intelligence/ Data Analytics: Engineers, Marketing and Sales Professionals, Freshers
- - Business Analytics: Engineers, Managers, Marketing and Sales Professionals, Domain Expert
- - Data Engineering: Software and IT Professionals
Do I have to choose the specialization recommended by upGrad?
What is the time commitment expected for the programme?
Will the six specializations require different time commitments?
How will my doubts/questions be addressed in an online programme?
Is there any deferral or refund policy for this programme?
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Online Program Commencement)
If a student, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the cohort starts, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
However, the student will be required to pay 50% of the total course fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of initial batch the student enrolled for. The student has time till the current cohort launch date to make the payment of the 50% program fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the student now asks for a refund, the above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply. The fee applicable to the deferred student will be as per prevailing fee for the batch student as opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Online Program Commencement)
If a student is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch. A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of initial batch the student enrolled for. The student will be required to pay a deferral fees of 10% of the total course amount fee + Taxes if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort. The student has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee post which the deferral request will expire, and the student will continue as part of the current cohort.
If the student completes the deferral payment, the student’s login will be disabled, the student will leave the deferred cohort and the student will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress till that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort. For clarification, the grades of the graded assignments will be carried forward, whether the student had submitted these grading during the initial stage. The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the student has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
Which banks allow using 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
Will I have to pay any extra amount for the EMI transaction?
Are there any fees or down payment?
Can I use my International credit card for 0% credit EMI or Credit Card EMI?
Are there any charges in case I opt for cancellation/refund from the course after paying balance with no cost EMI?
How can I opt for Credit card EMI if my bank is not listed in the 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
How do I know if the programme is right for me?
My current role does not include exposure to data. Does it make sense for me to opt for this programme?
What is the application process for the programme and what are the timelines?
What is the selection process for this programme?
For entry into IU, Germany students have to successfully complete IIIT Bangalore programme. upGrad will apply on your behalf once you complete IIIT Bangalore programme and support you in securing an offer letter from IU, Germany. upGrad will also provide guidance on paying fees to University and visa application.
Is there any minimum educational qualification required to take this programme?
College Degree: Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% or equivalent passing marks.
Executive PG Programme: The applicant should successfully complete the Executive PGP from IIIT B.