Explore Courses

Top Questions for Study Abroad Programs: 22 FAQs You Must Know

Updated on 05 January, 2024

Pragya Sharma

Pragya Sharma

Sr. Content Editor

Top Questions for Study Abroad Programs

How much do study abroad consultants charge?

What is the cheapest way to study abroad?

Can a middle-class Indian study abroad?

Which country is best for studying for Indian students?

How much money is needed to study abroad?

Do I need a consultant to study abroad?

Which country is easy for Indians to study?

Which country has free education?

Which country is best to settle for an Indian?

Do consultants really help students study abroad?

Is 28 too late to study abroad?

Can I study in the UK at age 35?

What is the best age to go abroad?

Can I study abroad after 30?

Can I study abroad after 10 years of gap?

Does a gap year affect visas?

Is the 10-year gap accepted in Canada?

How much money is required to study in Canada?

How much of a gap is accepted?

How much bank balance is required for a UK student visa?

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I go to the UK without IELTS?

You may obtain a UK study visa without the IELTS, although proof of English language proficiency is a part of the visa guidelines. IELTS Life Skills, Academic, and General Training are accepted by the UKVI (UK Visas and Immigration) as English proficiency proof.

Alternatively, you can provide evidence of passing a SELT (Secure English Language Test) from any approved provider, or a GCSE, Scottish National Qualification level 4/5, A level, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, through studying at a UK school. You should show proficiency equivalent to the CEFR level B1 for studies below degree level and B2 for degree level studies or above. Higher education providers can also assess the English language proficiency of candidates with other tests.

Can I get PR in the UK after my studies?

Yes. To apply for a permanent residency in the UK, you must show five full years of legal stay there. After completing your studies in the UK, you can become eligible for a Post Study Work Visa (PSWV), which allows you to stay and work in the country for two years. You can also apply for the skilled work visa or Tier-2 visa after completing your degree to work in the country and then apply for the PR when you fulfill all the requirements.

Did you find this article helpful?

Pragya Sharma

Sr. Content Editor

Pragya Sharma is a content developer and marketer with 6.5+ years of experience in the education industry. She started her career as a social media copywriter for NIELIT, Ministry of Electronics & IT, and has now scaled up as a 360-degree content professional well-versed with the intricacies of digital marketing and different forms of content used to drive and hook the target audience. She is also a co-author of 2 stories in an anthology based on the theme- women empowerment.

See More

Free Study Abroad Counselling

Refer Your Friend & Earn upto ₹15000

Help your friend upgrade to a Global Career and earn rewards together.