The University of Hertfordshire in the UK is situated at Hatfield in Hertfordshire. The University of Hertfordshire is a public university. It was founded as a Technical College in 1952 with industry-linked courses on aeronautical and mechanical engineering. The institution transformed into a polytechnic before becoming a university in 1992. It has a total of 30,000+ students across three campuses while staying committed towards career-centric curricula and opportunities for students.
The University of Hertfordshire’s ranking is 601-800 in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for 2022. It has ranked at 801-1000 in the QS World University Rankings list for 2022 as well.
The university has campuses at Park and Ride, de Havilland, College Lane, and Bayfordbury. The institution also has a vast network of research laboratories including specialist ENESD labs (Energy Harvesting and Storage, Metrology, Energy Conversion, and Storage Systems) and the Materials and Structures Laboratory and manufacturing workshop enabling access to 3D printers and other cutting-edge equipment.
The Bioengineering Research Group is a core component of the university, operating across multiple laboratories while other facilities include chemical analysis and micro-fabrication.
The language of instruction is English.
The admission intakes are in September and January at the university. The University of Hertfordshire’s admission process involves the following steps:
1. Submitting the application.
2. Submitting all documents.
3. Paying the fee or deposit.
4. Finishing the sponsorship interview.
5. Finishing the financial declaration.
Here is the University of Hertfordshire admission requirements:
1. Undergraduate Courses- Standard XII with 60-70% marks and IELTS 6.0 score.
2. Postgraduate Courses- Bachelor’s degree with 55-65% depending on the course and IELTS 6.0/6.5 depending on the course.
3. In place of English language admission requirements, getting 65% (UG) and 70% (PG) in English in Standard XII may be acceptable.
The University of Hertfordshire’s acceptance rate is 70%. There are 418 undergraduate and 233 postgraduate courses at the university.
Some of the popular courses include the following:
2. Accounting and Economics.
3. Computer Science.
4. Clinical Pharmacy Practice.
5. Aerospace Engineering.
7. Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
180 credit points are the usual full-time study rate for postgraduate courses in one year. The MBA program is well-known at the university and comes with specializations like finance, digital marketing, human resource management, public services, healthcare, data analytics, sustainable industries, information systems, management consultancy, and more.
The academic year is from 1st August till 31st July of the corresponding year. The dates are the following:
1. Semester A- 27th September 2021-21st January 2022.
2. Semester B- 24th January 2022-13th May 2022.
3. Semester C- 16th May 2022-9th September 2022.
4. Last year’s vacation dates are 27th September 2021-17th December 2021/10th January-8th April 2022 and 25th April-13th May 2022.
5. Semester A will begin for 2022-23 on 26th September 2022.
Extra-curriculars & Diversity
The university has hosted more than 10,000 international students at its campuses, representing 140+ global nations. It also has partnerships with institutions in several countries. There is the Student Forum which offers collaborative teaching, a nightclub, and a bar while the Student Union and Medical Center take care of various needs of students. There are sporting and cultural facilities on offer along with a dedicated Student Wellbeing team.
Start Your Study Abroad Journey Now.
The University has always been linked to various industries, economic hubs, and communities from its inception. It has Enterprise Zone status and supports numerous local start-ups and enterprises with its incubator program on campus. Students can choose business-centric courses with better employability and entrepreneurship-based modules. The institution is connected to various industries, businesses, and private/public sector entities which help in ensuring placements for students.
The Careers and Employment Service collaborates with employers to help students get opportunities as per available requirements. Other career support services include mentorship, advice, guidance, and job search assistance. Students are empowered with developing new business and career skills along with getting placements and other opportunities. They also get access to videos, e-learning programs, and articles.
Handshake is a platform to help students network with employers while providing access to job opportunities, workshops, career-related events, appointments with advisors, and various other resources.
The list of famous alumni includes the following:
1. Tony Banham, founder of the Hong Kong War Diary project.
2. Prince Abdulaziz bin Abdullah, owner of Tower Lane Properties and son of King Abdullah of Riyadh.
3. Luke Scheybeler, creative director and entrepreneur who founded Rapha and Tracksmith.
4. Kate Bellingham, engineer and TV presenter.
5. Owen Farrell, England rugby player.
6. Ian Dowie, footballer, and television personality.
7. Sanjeev Bhaskar, actor and comedian.
8. Charles Wright, producer of the X-Factor.
The average University of Hertfordshire fees are the following:
1. Undergraduate Courses- £14,000 (INR 14 lakh).
2. Postgraduate Courses- £14,750 (INR 14.75 lakh).
There is also a full payment discount of £500 (INR 50,000) offered by the University to all its students.
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support