Before delving into the University of Southern California fees, it is important to learn a little more about the institution. Founded back in 1880, it has more than 19,500 undergraduate students and a vast network of more than 437,000 alumni globally. The University of Southern California has evolved into a reputed private research university with cutting-edge infrastructure and an interdisciplinary curriculum.
There are more than 150 majors and minors, while the main campus is in Los Angeles, also called the University Park Campus. It is situated at the prime Exposition Park locality. The university is also ranked at number 112 in the QS World University Rankings list for 2022.
Cost of Attendance at University of Southern California
The total cost of attendance at the institution includes the following components:
- Tuition Costs
- Miscellaneous Costs like the semester fee, administrative charges, etc
- Cost of living, including food, accommodation, transportation, etc
The estimated total cost of attendance at the University of Southern California is approximately USD 81,659 (INR 61.24 lakh).
The tuition fees at the University of Southern California are USD 60,446 (INR 45.33 lakh) for 12-18 units and two semesters.
The miscellaneous expenses for students include the following:
- Administrative Fees and miscellaneous fees- USD 1,015 (INR 76,125)
- New Student Fee (only applicable for one semester)- USD 450 (INR 33,750)
Cost of Living
The total cost of living for students is estimated as follows:
- Housing or Accommodation Costs- USD 10,102 (INR 7.58 lakh) per year
- Meals or Dining Costs- USD 6,630 (INR 4.97 lakh) per year
- Transportation Costs- USD 584 (INR 43,800) per year
- Books and Materials- USD 1,200 (INR 90,000) per year
- Personal and Other Expenditure- USD 1,640 (INR 1.23 lakh) per year
If you put the sum together, then you would get a figure of USD 20,156 (INR 15.12 lakh) per year in pure living costs that you should arrange for. It works out to approximately USD 1,680 (INR 1.26 lakh) per month during your course.
✓End to end Visa/Application support