University of Indianapolis Admission 2023Indianapolis, USA
The University of Indianapolis opened its doors to students in 1902 and has been building a culture of connectedness since then. With a sprawling campus of 50 acres south of Indianapolis, it offers 100+ undergraduate degree programs, 40+ master’s degree programs, and five doctoral programs.
It is a fully accredited, private, non-profit college. University has 5600 students at its main campus in Indianapolis having around 1400 graduate students..
Acceptance Rate (General)
The acceptance rate is the percentage of students who get selected or accepted for admission to the university amongst all the admission applicants. University of Indianapolis acceptance rate is 78%.
Undergraduate Acceptance Rate
There is not much information regarding the undergraduate acceptance rate. However, it can be assumed that the acceptance rates for both undergraduate and postgraduate are the same.
Postgraduate Acceptance Range
Since the university does not offer any information regarding the acceptance range for postgraduates, it can be assumed that the general acceptance rate of 78% applies to all.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
How to get admission in the University of Indianapolis? Well, the university offers admissions every fall and spring. A candidate must have an average GPA of 3.5 or above. Applicants must take the SAT or ACT exam and submit their scores. The average SAT, and ACT scores of students entering the university are in the range of 990-1180 and 19-25.
You can visit the university’s official website to fill out the admission form for the desired course and receive detailed information.
Amongst 443 national universities, the university of Indianapolis is ranked 263rd. The U.S. News & world report has ranked it as one of the best national universities. It has also been ranked among the ‘best colleges for veterans’ by the U.S. News & world report. Its occupational therapy, nursing graduate, and physical therapy programs are ranked among ‘best grad schools 2018’.
University of Indianapolis admission requirements include authentic documents, which are :
- Completed application form
- Official transcripts of school
- Official transcripts of any diploma or certificate obtained, as mentioned in the application
- SAT or ACT test scores, as applicable for undergraduate applicants
- GRE or GMAT test scores, as applicable for graduate applicants
- If the applicants have a native language other than English, they need to prove their proficiency through English language proficiency test like TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE-A, as applicable.
- Financial documents (applicable for those seeking financial aid)
- Letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
Tests Required/Average Scores
Every university sets its eligibility scores for admission to keep the standards high.
You must go through entrance-level tests like English proficiency to get into the university. Entry criteria vary from course to course. University of Indianapolis admission criteria in general is:
- IELTS Score of 5.5 and above (for undergraduate applicants)
- TOEFL Score of 61.0 and above (for undergraduate applicants)
- IELTS Score of 6.5 and above (for graduate applicants)
- TOEFL Score of 79.0 and above (for graduate applicants)
Popular amongst international students, the university has 33% international and minority enrollment. Some of its popular courses are in
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy.
It offers the state’s only neonatal nurse practitioner program.
How Does University Evaluate Applicants?
The university evaluates its applicants strictly based on eligibility criteria. An applicant must have all authentic documents and meet the requirement of average scores in entrance examinations.
Tips For Applying To University
Here are a few tips while applying for admission at the University of Indianapolis:
- University offers a campus visit option before admission. International students can opt for a virtual campus visit. They can meet an admission counselor virtually and learn more about the university and get all their queries solved.
- For admission, a student’s GPA is an important academic factor.
- Apart from that, letters of recommendation(LOR) also play a crucial role for an admission aspirant. Get relevant LORs from the faculties you have previously studied from. If you have industry experience, LOR from seniors can also help.
- Plan and prepare timely for English proficiency tests, including IELTS, PTE, and, TOEFL and aptitude tests such as GRE, GMAT, and SAT., as applicable.
- Be thorough with the application process. An account is created on the university website when you apply for admission through it. Keep the account details ready whenever doing the follow-up on the admission process.
- 95% of undergraduate students at the university receive some form of financial aid. There are many funding options to financially aid students like scholarships and grants.
The application deadlines get updated on the official website of the university. Currently, admissions are open at the University of Indianapolis.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.