University of Charleston Admission 2023Charleston, USA
- This university has been ranked at 331-440 by U.S. News in the 2022-2023 National Universities list.
The University of Charleston is selective about its admissions, with a 70% acceptance rate, as of fall, 2021. This university previously had an acceptance rate of 61.5% in 2020.
Admission eligibility criteria
- A candidate applying to the general freshmen degree programs is eligible to submit an official application to University of Charleston any time after completing the 6th semester of high school.
- The admission requirements include a minimum 2.50 academic grade point average on a scale of 4, or at least a TASC or GED score of 450.
- An application fee of $25.00 and receipt
- Official records of secondary school documenting the completion of 15 units of academic courses with respective grades
- GED/TASC test scores having an average of 450 or more or the official high school transcripts
- Active participation in school events or community organisations
- AP score
- Official transcripts from an accredited university if applicable
- State issued photo identification or driver’s license
- Optional resume and essay
- Arts and humanities
- Social sciences
- Physical sciences
- Life sciences
- Clinical, pre-clinical and health
How the university evaluates applicants
The candidates applying to the degree courses of the University of Charleston are evaluated on the basis of their academic background, high school and college transcripts, personal statement, essay, grades, test scores, resume and other necessary criteria.
Tips for applying to the University
- A campus visit either as an individual or in the group format is recommended before applying to the University of Charleston.
- A resume and personal essay are highly recommended, showcasing the applicant’s potential for leadership or the significance of community engagement.
Here are the key deadlines to keep in mind:
- Early decision- October 15
- Early action- Midnight November 1
- Honours College Priority- Midnight November 1
- Spring Semester- November 1
- Transfer deadline for August admission- June 1
- Transfer deadline for January admission- November 1
- International visiting students for August- March 29
- International visiting students for January- October 12
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.