The University of Akron Admission 2023Akron Ohio, USA
The University of Akron is a public research university in Akron, Ohio, United States. The university is part of the University System of Ohio and is one of the best universities to pursue your career.
For those looking to apply to the University of Akron, here are some important things to consider.
University of Akron Rankings
In the QS WUR Ranking by Subject 2022, the University of Akron is ranked between #201- 250.
Here are some other rankings of the UNSW:
- #331-440 in National Universities
- #384 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
- #169-227 in Top Public Schools
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-2023
The University of Akron is a highly selective university, with an acceptance rate of only around 80%. This means that only about 80 of the students out of 100 who apply to the school are accepted.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate) 2022-2023
The University of Akron is a highly selective university, with an acceptance rate of only around 80%. For the undergraduate courses 2023.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate) 2022-2023
The University of Akron is a highly selective university with an acceptance rate of 80% for postgraduate courses.
How to Get Admission to the University of Akron
- GPAs from High School Are Required
- Rankings of High School Classes are Recommended
- You Must Have Your School Records
- College Preparation Classes are Necessary
- It is advised that you provide recommendation letters.
- Scores from standardized tests (SAT, ACT, etc.) are required
- Foreign Language Students Must Take the TOEFL Exam
The following documents are required to apply to the University of Akron:
- A completed application for admission
- An official high school transcript
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- A non-refundable $40 application fee
Tests Required/Average Scores
There is not one specific test that is required for admission to the University of Akron. The university does, however, have a minimum score requirement for the ACT and SAT. For the ACT, the average score required is 18 to 25. For the SAT, the average score required is 860 to 1180
Popular undergraduate courses:
- Biology, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Information Science
- Industrial Engineering
How Does UA Evaluate Applicants?
UA evaluates applicants primarily on their academic performance, although other factors such as extracurricular activities, leadership experience, and community service may also be considered.
Tips for Applying to the University of Akron
1. Start your application early. The University of Akron operates on a rolling admissions basis, meaning that applications are reviewed as they are received. The earlier you submit your application, the better your chances of being accepted.
2. Make sure you meet the minimum requirements for admission.
3. Personalize your application. The University of Akron asks for a personal statement as part of the application process. This is your opportunity to tell your story and show how and why you would be a good fit for the university.
- Admissions applications for the fall semester of 2023 open on August 1.
- Rolling admissions decisions for the fall semester of 2023 will start on September 26.
- The priority application deadline is January 31.
- June 1 Goal date for finishing the loan application process:
- The deadline for final admission and payment of confirmation fees is August 1.
* Please note that the dates can vary, based on the program applied for.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.