California State University Admission 2023Long Beach, USA
California State University is also known as Cal State or CSU. It is a public university which is situated in California. The university was built and established in the year 1857, and it has been running for 165 years perfectly.
The headquarters of the institution is in Long Beach, California, and has its own 23 campuses and eight campus centers housing nearly 50000 students. Some of them are situated in northern California, and some are in southern California. Some of the campuses are SAN JOSE, founded in the year 1857; Chico, founded in the year 1887; SAN DIEGO, founded in 1897; Los Angles, in the year 1947; Soloma, founded in 1960 and many more.
California State University is one of the three higher education systems in the state. The university has over 40000 students in the undergraduate category and 55,000 in the postgraduate category. This University is one of the top United States producers earning Ph.D. degrees of graduates. The trustees of the institution are incorporated into the California State University system. The university provides teaching credentials and information technology, Bachelor's degrees, criminal justice, engineering, and many more.
The University also participates in different types of sports and games. The university is also a member of the NCAA, which is the National Collegiate Athletic Association, and the university is also a member of NAIA, which is the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics.
Rankings play an important role in judging any university's performance. California State University is one of the forwarding universities in the united states. The university is ranked #24 out of all 120 regional universities west.
It is also ranked as #no.1 in top nursing schools in California, #3 at upward mobility, #18th in the best ROI colleges, #29 in the best colleges of 2022, #4th in the most innovative schools, #17 in the best value schools, #53 in the fine arts programs, #62 in social work and #146 in speech-language pathology.
Acceptance Rate :
The acceptance rate is the rate by which the students of the university get accepted at. For intense, if there are 8000 students applying at the university, only 80 will get accepted, and which been that the acceptance rate of the particular university is 10%.
The California State University acceptance rate is around 91%. In the year 2020, the acceptance date of this institution was 76.5%
Undergraduates Acceptance Date:
The overall acceptance rate of California State University is 91 percent which is applicable to all students whether they are from the undergraduate category or the postgraduates category. There is no information provided by the California State University on their official website.
It can be assumed that the general acceptance rate applies to all students.
Postgraduates Acceptance Rate :
There is no information provided for the undergraduates or the postgraduates category on their website. So it can be assumed that the general acceptance rate, which is 91 percent is applicable to all students.
Admission Eligibility Criteria:
If you're thinking about how to get admission in California State University, read below to find out. The admissions at the university are a little complicated, so you have to fulfill all the California State University admission requirements. Read the below-mentioned requirements you need to submit, such as -
● You need to have a minimum score on all your English to efficiency tests like TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or any other test you have ever given.
● You must have your high school certificate or a transcript that shows that you have completed your schooling. Your graduation date should also be mentioned in your final transcripts.
● You need to have minimum scores on your SAT or ACT test.
● You must have a GPA of 2.5 or more to get selected for California State University.
● You must have a letter of recommendation or a personal statement with all the documents required at the university.
In order to get admitted to California State University, you need to fulfill all the requirements and documents which are asked.
● If you're from any other country, state, or city, you will have to submit a visa or your passport.
● For the students who are in the undergraduate category, they must have a certificate or a diploma that shows their higher studies or other foundation studies.
● You must have your marks sheets showing the required scoring that you need to get accepted.
● For the students in the postgraduate category, they must provide the certificate of their undergraduate degrees.
Average Scores :
Every university which is ranked has a very high standard of eligibility scores. The California State University is one of them.
You have to give many English proficiency tests or aptitude tests to get accepted at this university. You need to have a minimum scoring in the following tests mentioned below.
● You must Have an average of 79 or more in TOEFL If you have given.
● You must have a minimum score of 6.5 in IELTS.
● Your average scoring should be 54 in PTE if you have given the test.
● You should have a minimum score of 292 or more on the GRE.
● .The average score on your GMAT test should be at least 510 or more.
● Your SAT score must be 1028 to get admission at the university, or you must have an ACT score of 42 or above.
As you know, California State University is one of the leading universities in the world. The university has different types of courses for all students of different categories. Some of the popular courses are mentioned below-
Master of music in choral conducting, clinical Genetics, molecular biologist scientist certificate program, bachelor of science in nursing, post-Bachelorette in nutritional science, Bachelor of arts in communication, bachelor's of science in hospitality and leisure service, master of public health, master of social work, pharmacy technician, medical billing and coding, business management, architecture and construction, and many more.
Tips For Applying To The University:
Getting admission to this institution is not a big deal. You have to pay attention and follow all the California State University admission criteria which are demanded to be fulfilled for getting admitted.
● Choose a major or specialization and Pay attention to that to declare on your application.
● Make sure to arrange all the documents which are required for your admission. For example, transcripts of your high school, passport, or your visa, letter of recommendation, and degree certificates.
● Complete register for English proficiency tests such as the TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS.
● Apply online and add California State University before the application deadline.
● Now, you're all set to apply.
Applications dates and deadlines keep or updated on the official websites of the university. The application deadline for fall 2023 is October 1, the application deadline for summer 2023 is February 1, and for the spring, the application deadline is August 1.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.