Texas Tech University Admission 2023Lubbock, USA
Texas Tech University (TTU) is a significant public research institution. The university's renowned alumni and cutting-edge amenities add substantial value to the lives of all students. TTU's diverse student body includes students from all over the world, garnering it the designation of Diversity Champion.
If you want to study in Texas, check out Texas Tech University, offering academic support, career assistance, job growth and exploration and job hunt assistance.
TTU University Rankings
Texas Tech University is ranked #219 out of 443 National Universities in the 2022-2023 edition of Best Colleges. Schools are graded based on their performance across broadly recognized quality factors.
- Ranked #1001-1200 in QS World University Rankings 2023.
- Ranked #153in Best Value Schools
Acceptance Rate (General) 2022-23
Texas Tech University admissions are more competitive, with a 68% acceptance rate in the 2022-23 academic year. Applicants with a high GPA, good SAT score and ACT score have a high chance.
Undergraduate Acceptance Rate 2022-23
Texas Tech University's acceptance rate for the undergraduate session 2022-23 is 68%. The university authority carefully assesses each application based on admission requirements and eligibility criteria.
Postgraduate Acceptance Rate
Texas Tech University's acceptance rate for the postgraduate session 2022-23 is also 68%. Each application is assessed fairly by the admission authority.
How to Get Admission to Texas Tech University
The following are the general Texas Tech University admissions requirements:
- A bachelor's degree or the equivalent from a renowned college or university.
- The applicant must submit transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Official GRE scores for international applicants.
- Standardized Test Score, i.e. SAT or ACT
- Proof of English Language Proficiency. TOEFL, IELTS, PTE-A, ACT, and SAT scores are accepted.
These are the basic documents required by Texas Tech University.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an authorized institution or university is required.
- Official transcripts and high school records, certificates, and other certifications are required.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, one of which must be from former instructors or officials who are acquainted with the applicant's academic ability. One of the letters may be from a workplace if the candidate is coming from a professional environment.
- Personal essay describing interest in public health, the purpose for applying and future goals.
Tests required/Average scores
The institution accepts IELTS, TOEFL, Duolingo English Test, PTE Academic, SAT, and ACT scores to show English competence. Texas Tech University's admission criteria minimum necessary scores are:
English proficiency test scores
Minimum Scores Required
Duolingo English Test
Some of the most popular majors at Texas Tech University are:
- Business, Marketing, and Management
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Family and Consumer Sciences/Human Sciences; Agricultural/Plant/Animal/Veterinary Science
- Social Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
How does Texas Tech University Evaluate Applicants?
Texas Tech University evaluates applicants based on General Admission Criteria, Academic Records, Test scores, Individual Profile and other Certifications.
Tips for Applying to Texas Tech University
- Make sure to include your essay with your application. Your essay should be typewritten. Don't go over the word limit. Use correct grammar and spelling (use spell check and have your essay proofread)
- Include facts that give insight as to how you will excel in college.
- References give a good indicator of your leadership potential, problem-solving talents, and clinical practice. Choose thoughtfully and lead them to emphasize these areas. References from people who are already in your aspiring specialization are incredibly valuable.
The application dates for admission to Texas Tech University are:
June 1 - International Applicants
July 1 - Domestic Applicants
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.