Stony Brook University Admission 2023New York , USA
- The university has a QS World University Ranking of #416 for 2023.
- It has a Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking of #301-350 for 2023.
- U.S. News ranks it at 77 in its 2022-23 list of National Universities.
According to the data for 2020, the acceptance rate of Stony Brook University is 48.9%.
Admission eligibility criteria
- A minimum of 50% of high school GPA along with the ACT and SAT scores are required for admissions.
- A printed application form that the student will apply for on the official website of the university.
- Standardized test scores.
- A recommendation letter from the teacher.
- Additional requirements such as extracurricular activities, social work, others have to be met if required.
- Business Management
- Health Science
- Computer Science
- Political Science
How the university evaluates applicants
The evaluation procedure of applicants is based on their extracurricular activities and academic performance, along with community service records.
Tips for applying to Stony Brook University
- Applications must be submitted by the students as soon as possible on the official website provided by the university.
- Students have to keep a record of their submitted applications properly.
- The letter of recommendation by the previous school teacher is very important.
- A good ACT and SAT score will have to be recorded to get admission easily into the university.
The application deadline for the students to get admission to the university is 1st May of the year 2022. The admission date starts from 1st March of the year.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.