Salem State University Admission 2023Salem, USA
Salem State University Acceptance Rate
- It is ranked at >600 in the Times Higher Education US College Rankings for 2022.
- U.S. News ranks it at 117 in its list of Regional Universities North for 2022-23.
With a 90% acceptance rate, admissions at Salem State College are easier to get. A percentage of the applicants accepted by Salem State had SAT scores between 1000 to 1200. Nevertheless, one-fourth of conceded candidates received scores above these ranges, while one-quarter received scores below them.
Admission eligibility criteria
- Students are expected to apply for a program after completing a previous academic endeavor needed for the selected course's admission.
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 is recommended to gain seamless admission.
- English proficiency certification is required (IELTS or TOEFL)
- Online Application form
- Application fee receipt
- English Proficiency scores of IELTS or TOEFL
- Letters of recommendation
- Declaration for financial support
- Motivation Letter
- World Education Services Evaluation test scores
- Valid Passport
- Student visa
Test required/ Average score
- Internet-based TOEFL test (iBT)- 71 or above
- Revised TOEFL Paper-delivered test- 54 or above
- TOEFL ITP- 530 or above
- IELTS- 6.0 or higher
- PTE Academic- 49
- Eiken- Pre-1
- Duolingo English Test- 110 or above
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Human Biology
- Registered Nursing
- Business management
- Social Services
- Marketing and other services
How the university evaluates applicants?
Admissions for Salem State College are less comprehensive. The emphasis is mostly on the students' independently verified performance, which is required to satisfy the college's fundamental requirements. Additionally, the college uses a sliding scale when presenting grades based on a base grade-point average (on a scale of 4.0) and a corresponding SAT or ACT score. You will be given the best consideration for admission to a degree program if your grade-point average is 2.7 or better and your SAT score is over 990.
Tips for applying to the university
- Create an account for the application via the online portal of the University.
- Apply as a fresh student and select the desired course from the list.
- Attach all necessary documents stated in the website.
- One should expect an email recognizing the submitted application and a decision regarding acceptance between 8–10 business days from the receipt of all required documentation. Selections may take longer if there are several applications submitted at once.
- Obtain the high school's official transcripts and any college credits that you may have. Request that the ACT/SAT testing organizations send your info directly.
- Pay the application fee of $50 to confirm the submission and keep the receipt for future use.
International deadlines for applications:
- The spring batch deadline is November 15th to December 15th.
- The summer batch deadline is April 1st to May 1st.
- The deadline for the fall batch is July 15th to August 1st.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.