George Mason University Admission 2023Fairfax, USA
- The institution is ranked at 137 in the National Universities list of U.S. News for 2022-23.
- The QS World University Rankings has the institution at 1001-1200 for 2023.
- The Times Higher Education World University Rankings has it at 301-350 for 2023.
The acceptance rate of George Mason University is 91%, with the previous rate being 91.1%. Half of the GMU applicants have an ACT score between 25 and 30, and a SAT score between 1140 and 1350.
Admission eligibility criteria
- In order to apply to George Mason University, applicants must have a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.3-3.9 on a weighted scale of 4.0 (for grades 9-11).
- The SAT score of the applicants must be between 1140 and 1350, and the ACT score of the applicants must be between 25 and 30, while applying to the university.
- A personal statement of the applicant must be submitted to the university in 250 words. However, this requirement is optional.
- The applicants need to submit their college transcripts to the University
- A Goal Statement must be provided by the applicants to the University
- The applicants need to submit a letter of recommendation to the University.
- The Resume of the applicant must be submitted to the University.
- The applicant must submit English Proficiency Exam scores to the University
- SAT/ACT tests
- English Proficiency Tests including IELTS, TOEFL and etc. are required for candidates applying from non-English speaking countries.
- GRE (Graduate Record Exam)
- Quantitative Methods and Management Sciences
- Criminal Justice/Police Science
- Information Technology
- Business management and administration
- Political Science and Government
How the university evaluates applicants?
The applicants of George Mason University are evaluated on the basis of their overall high-school performance including their GPA, and other test scores. Moreover, the ACT/SAT test scores of the applicants are also evaluated by the University.
Tips for applying to the University
- The University has a 91% acceptance rate, and therefore, the students have a high chance of being selected.
- It is important for the applicants to meet the GPA criteria and have requisite SAT and ACT scores to increase their chance of getting admitted.
The application deadline for fall 2021 is February 1.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.