Elizabethtown College Admission 2023Pennsylvania, USA
Elizabethtown College is a private liberal arts college for people who want to study in the United States with a generous acceptance rate. The school has a small enrollment of 2,000 students, making it a popular choice for students looking for a small, intimate school.
The school's main focus is on the humanities and social sciences, but it offers a variety of programs in arts and sciences. Elizabethtown also has strong athletic programs, with teams that compete in the NCAA Division III athletics conference.
Elizabethtown College Rankings
Elizabethtown College is ranked #22 among 181 Regional Universities in the North. The performance of schools across a variety of widely accepted indicators of excellence determines their rankings.
- #22 in Regional Universities North (tie)
- #13 in Best Value Schools
- #155 in Top Performers on Social Mobility (tie)
Acceptance Rate (General)
Elizabethtown College is an affordable, private liberal arts college in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. The school has an acceptance rate of about 79%.
Acceptance Rate (Undergraduate)
The Elizabethtown College acceptance rate for undergraduate students is about 79%. Elizabethtown College offers admission to students with an average SAT score between 1070 and 1260.
Acceptance Rate (Postgraduate)
The Elizabethtown College acceptance rate for postgraduate students is about 79%.
How to Get Admission to the Elizabethtown College
Elizabethtown College admission criteria include
- Admissions application
Either of these should be completed:
- Application for Etown
- An application that is common
- Letter of Recommendation - A teacher or guidance counselor's letter of recommendation is required.
- Transcripts from high school - The official transcript from your junior year of high school must be submitted.
Transcripts from the colleges where students are taking college courses should be submitted so that their achievements can be documented.
- Standardized Testing (Optional)*
The Physician Assistant Program, however, does not require students to take standardized tests to apply. Students applying to Elizabethtown College may submit applications with or without standardized tests. If you do not submit your scores, there is no penalty. Scores may be submitted for either the SAT or the ACT. There is no preference between the two tests. Elizabethtown College can receive official test scores directly from College Board or ACT using the code 2225 or 3568.
To be considered for admission to Elizabethtown College, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Verification of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) (not necessary)
- 1 letter of reference
Tests Required/Average Scores
Test for this college is not mandatory, but a student can submit any score on either SAT or ACT as per feasibility.
Some of the popular courses of the college are:
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Business Administration and Management
- Mass Communication/Media Studies
- Early Childhood Education and Teaching
- Computer and Information Sciences
- Political Science and Government
How Does Elizabethtown College Evaluate Applicants
Elizabethtown College's admission rate is approximately 79%. The college looks at a number of factors in evaluating applicants, including grades, test scores, and essays. The admissions committee also considers extracurricular activities and personal qualities.
Tips for Applying to the Elizabethtown College
There are a few tips that can help you make the most of your application to Elizabethtown College.
- Be sure to submit all required materials. If you don't submit all of the required materials, your application may be incomplete and will not be considered.
- Make sure your essays are well-written and demonstrate strong writing skills. Your essays will be one of the first things reviewers see and will influence whether or not you are accepted to ETC.
- Get feedback on your applications from friends, family, and teachers before submitting them. They may have insights that you did not consider or advice on how to improve your applications more effectively.
The application deadline for the 2023 session is January 15 for almost all courses but may vary depending on the program applied for.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.