Drake University Admission 2023 USA
Drake University is one of the oldest universities in the United States, and it is located on a sprawling campus in the middle of Iowa. It has consistently been ranked as one of the best educational institutions in the mid-western states of the USA.
It is a private institution and offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects like law, education, and pharmacy. Drake University is a private educational institution that was founded in the year 1881, and it ranked 137 among the best colleges in the US by the US news and business report.
Drake University welcomes diversity on its campus and has no admission fee. This, coupled with the fact that Drake University has a high teacher-to-student ratio of 1:11, ensures that the university gets a huge number of applications in both the fall and the spring sessions.
If someone is interested in getting admitted to this college, they can visit the college website and check out the Anna Maria College admission criteria. The admission help center of the university provides its contact details like email addresses and phone numbers for any sort of assistance with the admission process.
According to a US news and business report, Drake University is ranked 137 among the best colleges in the US. It is ranked 167 among the best colleges for veterans, and it is ranked 66 in terms of best undergraduate teaching facilities.
According to the Times higher education ranking, Drake University ranks 136 among the best colleges in the US. Drake University encourages its students to perform community service and has facilities for leadership development, and all these factors propel this university's rankings.
Acceptance Rate (General)
The Drake University acceptance rate is around 68%. There is no admission fee, and there is a presidential scholarship that gives a complete fee waiver for meritorious students. Hence, this university gets more than 4000 applications each year.
A low acceptance rate of 68% means that only 68 out of 100 students who apply to Drake University eventually get to it. However, the admission process is quite easy to navigate, and good GPA scores improve a candidate's chances of acceptance.
Undergraduate Acceptance Rate
Since the overall acceptance rate is low, there is fierce competition for undergraduate courses as well. For most four-year degree courses, a candidate must get a good GPA that is above 3.6 to make it to the admission list.
The University makes sure that its undergraduate students choose a mix of subjects that teach them artistic skills, scientific analysis as well as critical thinking.
Postgraduate Acceptance Rate
The postgraduate acceptance rate is also low, and law, pharmacy, business studies, and education are some of the popular subjects among applicants. They offer 140 major courses and have six main colleges.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
If someone is wondering how to get admission to Drake University, here are the Drake University admission criteria.
There is no admission fee, so prospective students just have to register on the admission portal to start the application process. The students can apply for an early action plan. An early action process means that the students can apply early to get an early decision. However, the student is not obligated to accept the admission offer before the regular deadline.
- Students need to submit their scorecards from high school
- Students need to submit letters of recommendation. However, this is not mandatory.
- Students need to submit SAT/ IELTS/ACT scorecards. It is always better to give the latest scorecards for these standardized tests. However, these tests are not mandatory for the application process.
In order to register at Drake University, students will need to submit some essential documents. Read further to find out Drake University College admission criteria.
1. Grade cards and GPA scorecards.
2. SAT, IELTS, and ACT scorecards
3. Letters Of recommendation
Tests Required/Average Scores
Standardized tests like the SAT and ACT are not mandatory for applying to Drake University; however, most students who apply to the college have a SAT score of 1110-1340. In fact, if a student has a poor GPA, a good score on SAT or ACT might be very useful in improving the prospects of getting selected.
The most popular courses at Drake University are Law, Pharmacy, Health Sciences, Business Administration, Journalism, and Mass Communication.
How University Evaluates Applicants?
1. The high school grade card or scorecard is important. A grade card that has more A's and some B's has a good chance of getting selected.
2. Apart from the grade card, the letter of recommendation and scores on tests like SAT and ACT help improve the prospects of a candidate.
Tips For Applying To A University
Here are some common tips to secure a position at the University
- A good GPA helps, but if the GPA is not good, it is a good idea to make up for it with great SAT or ACT scores. A SAt score above 1110 and an ACT score above 24 is considered good.
- It is a good idea to take college prep purses. These courses help high school students prepare for the meritocratic level of college.
- It is better to ask for letters of recommendation from those who know the student well and have a positive opinion about them.
The application deadline for the fall session is on the 1st of March, and the spring session is on the 1st of March.
All information provided on this page is for general use and upGrad Abroad is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Any action taken upon the information found on this website is strictly at your own risk.