This is an applied course where you will learn about the management of businesses operating from the farm gate to consumer plates. Along with business management skills, you will learn and be able to reflect on the key challenges of securing a sustainable food supply for this and future generations.
The agri-food chain is one of the world's largest industries. It involves the delivery of products from farms to worldwide markets.
Key topics covered in this course are:
- food economics and management of agri-food businesses
- food policy and its implications for businesses and consumers
- gathering evidence through data analysis to support sound decision
- agriculture and food production and distribution
- consumer studies and marketing management
This degree could lead to work in a range of international business sectors, such as food markets and marketing, retail management, and business consultancy.