Master in Cyber Security
Batches Starting from Oct 31, 2021
Key Benefits of the Program
Cost savings compared to regular degree course in Germany
Eligible for post-study work visa application after graduation
Average salary in Germany after completion of the course
Program Structure and Fees
- Executive PG Programme in Software Development - Specialisation in Cyber Security
- You need to have minimum three years Bachelor's degree like B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc./BCA or any other degree with adequate mathematics and computation components with minimum 50% marks in any stream.
Cost of Living
Mode of Teaching
1 year 1 month
- Master Degree in Cyber Security
- The applicant should successfully complete the Executive PG Programme in Software Development - Specialisation in Cyber Security, from IIIT Bangalore with 2.4 or above CGPA
~ EUR 8,788
Cost of Living
~ EUR 10,332 Per annum
Mode of Teaching
- No IELTS required to study in Germany for upGrad learners
- 94% of IU Graduate receive confirmed job offers within 6 months of graduation
- IIIT Bangalore and IU, Germany Alumni Status
- 7+ Case Studies and Projects
- 6 Programming Languages and tools
- Earn while you learn - Only 12 - 15 hours study time required per week
About IIIT Bangalore
About IU Germany
EUR 61511 Annually
Information Security Analyst
EUR 52000 Annually
Cyber Security Analyst
EUR 52000 Annually
Information Security Manager
EUR 73000 Annually
Security Testing and Auditing
EUR 65500 Annually
Security Risk Management
EUR 65000 Annually
IT Security & Infrastructure
EUR 60243 Annually
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a minimum qualification for this program?
Can I still apply if I have an undergraduate degree other than B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc./BCA?
Is prior coding experience required?
Can I still apply for the program if I have scored less than 50% in my undergraduate degree?
Can I apply for the program if I am in my last year of an undergraduate degree?
What is the admission process?
Step 1 - You must apply for the program on upGrad’s website. The application form will capture information related to your educational and professional experience.
Step 2 - Post application, the suitability of your profile will be evaluated by upGrad’s and IIIT Bangalore's Admission Counsellor Team. If approved, you will be shortlisted for the program.
Step 3 - Shortlisted candidates will receive a provisional admissions offer. Final admissions offer will be granted upon payment of the full program fee and successful submission of the required documents.
Will I be required to submit any documents for the admission?
Please note, you will only receive the final admissions offer upon submitting these documents.
Will I get conditional offer letter from IU Germany?
What are the job opportunities in Germany?
What are the part time working rules in Germany?
What are the living costs per year in Germany?
What are the post study work visa rules in Germany?
Can you give more details on IU Germany?
Why should I study in IU Germany?
What is the Master in Cyber Security with upGrad?
What should I expect from the Master in Cyber Security programme?
Which topics are going to be covered as part of the program?
Corporate Governance of IT, Compliance and Law, Advanced Mathematics, Cyber Security and Data Protection, Advanced Research Methods, Cryptology, Cyber Risk Assessment and Management, IT Systems: Software and Hardware, Cyber Systems and Network Forensics, Secure Networking, Theoretical Computer Science for IT Security
Once student reaches Germany, they will be studying 2 semesters of the cyber security course with IU
How many projects and mentorship sessions are present in the 1st year?
Is any certification granted at the end of the program?
What is the time commitment expected for the program?
How will my doubts/questions be addressed in an online program?
Email us on [email protected] to receive a response within 24 hours. For any urgent queries, please use the Call Back option on the learning platform and get a response within 2 working hours.
Additionally, an upGrad buddy will enhance the learners’ experience by engaging with them to ensure they are on track with upcoming deadlines, submissions, offer guidance, and resolve their non-academic queries.
Peer-to-peer discussion forum where you can post your queries and your peers/faculty/teaching assistants answer your queries within a day. Regular Q&A sessions with faculty to get clarification on conceptual doubts.
How is the program different from other online courses available in the market?
1. Extensive hands On expertise - This program provides you with 7+ projects which are sourced from the industry. By the time you graduate from the program, you will have worked on several industry-relevant projects, which are a key pillar to help you transition to the Cyber Security industry
2. Knowledge on Latest tools and technologies - This program provides you with hands-on experience and knowledge in the latest Cyber Security tools and technologies
3. End-to-end knowledge as opposed to knowledge of a few areas in Cyber Security - This program gives you a chance to learn concepts and tools/technologies relevant for computer networks and network security, application security and much more. Hence, you graduate as a professional with in-depth knowledge of Cyber Security.
4. Core conceptual clarity - In addition to hands-on knowledge of the latest tools and technologies, this program provides you with an understanding of core concepts in network and application security. While tools and technologies keep evolving at a fast pace, knowledge of network and application security concepts will keep you relevant in the industry.
5. Study abroad modules - You will be prepared by upGrad on topics such as academic writing, critical thinking, research and report writing in addition to how to find a job in Germany successfully.
6. On-campus at IU, Germany - During your stay in Germany, you will learn from the top faculty of the world and complete your thesis on industry relevant topics.
7. 18 months post study work visa - You will be eligible to apply for a visa to stay in Germany and find job. 94% of IU students find job within 6 months of graduation.
Beyond that, the upGrad Experience ensures that you develop a wide network of peers, connections with industry faculty, extensive career support - overall, an immersive and holistic online and offline learning experience!
No other course in the market creates Cyber Security Engineers who have end-to-end skills - A thorough understanding of fundamental concepts, and thinking beyond tools! In a world of rapidly evolving tools and technologies, this course will equip you to work on technologies that do not even exist today!
Is there any deferral or refund policy for this program?
Deferral Policy: (Pre- Online Program Commencement)
If a student, due to unavoidable circumstances is unable to commence with the cohort and requests for a deferral before the cohort starts, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch.
However, the student will be required to pay 50% of the total course fee amount (inclusive of taxes) before the deferral can be approved. Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort.
A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of initial batch the student enrolled for. The student has time till the current cohort launch date to make the payment of the 50% program fee, post which the deferral request will expire. Once the deferral window expires and the student now asks for a refund, the above-mentioned applicable refund policy will apply. The fee applicable to the deferred student will be as per prevailing fee for the batch student as opted to defer to (No additional deferral fee is required to be paid).
Deferral Policy: (Post Online Program Commencement)
If a student is facing severe issues in dedicating time to the course, we provide the opportunity for the student to defer to another batch. A student can request for deferral only once and to either of the scheduled cohorts to start in the next 1 year from the batch start date of initial batch the student enrolled for. The student will be required to pay a deferral fees of 10% of the total course amount fee + Taxes if any along with the differential program fees between the two cohorts The deferral request will be approved once the deferral fee is paid.
Till this is completed, the student will be assumed to be continuing in the same cohort. The student has 7 days (including holidays and weekends) from the date of deferral request to make the payment of the deferral fee post which the deferral request will expire, and the student will continue as part of the current cohort.
If the student completes the deferral payment, the student’s login will be disabled, the student will leave the deferred cohort and the student will start learning on the new cohort from the point of the last assignment that was graded in the deferred cohort. All grades and progress till that point will be carried forward as it is to the new cohort. For clarification, the grades of the graded assignments will be carried forward, whether the student had submitted these grading during the initial stage. The deferral can only be requested during the batch for which the student has enrolled is ongoing. Once the batch has completed, deferral requests shall not be entertained. For clarification, the batch completion here shall mean the “last grace deadline” as communicated by upGrad.
Which banks allow using 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
Will I have to pay any extra amount for the EMI transaction?
Are there any fees or down payment?
Can I use my International credit card for 0% credit EMI or Credit Card EMI?
How can I opt for Credit card EMI if my bank is not listed in the 0% Credit card EMI or Credit card EMI?
Why is the entire amount blocked on my credit card?
Why is interest getting charged on No Cost EMI?
Eg. Amount payable to upGrad: INR 405000
Lets say Amount deducted at the time of transaction: INR 379850 (Principal amount)
Bank charges interest of 12-15% per annum on INR 379850
[Note: Interest factor is reducing rate and not Flat rate] EMI AMOUNT = INR 33750 x 12 = INR 405000 effectively , you have taken loan on 379,850 instead of 405,000