The Texas Wesleyan University USA is a public university founded in 1890 that is affiliated with the Methodist Church. Established as a polytechnic university, it held its first classes in September 1891, with only 111 students. Since then, the university has grown exponentially, with over 2,500 students joining every year across undergraduate and graduate programs.
Moreover, the US News ranks it among the top 100 national universities in Social Mobility. It continues to be regarded as a top performer in this regard.
The main campus of Texas Wesleyan University is situated at 1201 Wesleyan Street, Fort Worth, TX 76105 in the US.
Besides, it is home to 16 athletic teams and has produced some of the most famous athletes in American history. Its official mascot is the Rams, and its colours are blue and gold.
Infrastructure of Texas Wesleyan University
The Texas Wesleyan University USA has only one campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The campus boasts several Greek Houses and 24 Ram Spaces. In addition to that, the campus has 4 housing residences, 2 dining halls, and a fitness center.
All of its courses are offered fully in English. Moreover, it has accreditations from the following organizations:
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE)
Academics at Texas Wesleyan University
The Texas Wesleyan University acceptance rate in 2020 was 46.8%, and the graduation rate is 33.7%. Moreover, the university accepts applications year-round on a rolling basis.
However, the Texas Wesleyan University admission process is a quick two-step procedure. Take a look.
- Gather all the documents and register your candidature on the website.
- Once done registering, fill in the online form, upload the necessary documents, and pay the application fee.
Note: An applicant can always save their details on the website and apply later.
Given below are all of the Texas Wesleyan University admission requirements.
- A cumulative GPA between 2.5 and 4.0.
- Marks transcripts of the last qualification, as well as translations.
- Demonstration of English proficiency.
- TOEFL: 68 (Internet), 190 (Computer), 520 (Paper)
- IELTS: 6.0 overall academic band score.
- Proof of native English proficiency (e.g., a record of attendance from a 100% English-medium school)
- Online application
- Application fee
- Evidence of sufficient funding
Courses Offered at Texas Wesleyan University
The Texas Wesleyan University USA offers:
- 31 undergraduate programs
- 7 types of undergraduate degrees
- 5 graduate programs
- 11 types of graduate degrees
Some of the most popular subjects offered at the Texas Wesleyan University include:
- Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Business Administration and Management
- Management Science
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Criminal Justice or Safety Studies
- Counseling Psychology
The University provides semester-based courses. The autumn semester spans from late August to mid-December, while the spring semester runs from January to mid-May.
In addition to regular classes, the summer program offers a diverse choice of courses in both standard summer sessions and workshop settings.
Special inter-term courses are also available between the autumn and spring semesters or between the spring semester and the first summer term. Lastly, the Texas Wesleyan University offers year-round, compressed classes in 7-week terms.
Extracurricular and Diversity at the Texas Wesleyan University
Texas Wesleyan University USA has a 7.6% international representation, with China, India, and Saudi Arabia mainly contributing to this diversity. To ensure a pleasant stay for all applicants, the University also houses a Diversity and Inclusion Council.
Each of the four committees represents Texas Wesleyan’s four key parts of the institution:
- Summit Planning
- Faculty and Staff
Each subcommittee is led by a member of the council and is made up of other council members and current members of the university’s community. In addition to this, the institution has over 30 registered student organizations.
Career Opportunities at the Texas Wesleyan University
Career Services, housed in the Martin Center’s suite 250, provides personalized career counseling to assess interests and aptitudes for specific vocations. In addition, it offers support with
- Résumé production
- Interviewing skills
- Job placement
- Career research
Besides, Career Services maintains a website with career-related information for Texas Wesleyan students.
Moreover, the university’s academic departments organize internships. These are also graded academic assignments in specific career fields. Academic departments have information and notifications about prospective internships and their relevant registration forms.
Career Services also assists students by guiding them with networking. They help students get in touch with employers for course credit internships and professional growth.
Alumni of Texas Wesleyan University
The university boasts a significant number of alumni in sports and Athletics. Some of the most popular Texas Wesleyan University alumni members include:
- Mark Calaway, or the Undertaker, WWE professional wrestler
- Brian Wanamaker, Professional Basketball Player
- Mary Lou Bruner, Texas State Board of Education
- Jasna Fazlić, Olympic medalist table-tennis player and coach
- Michelle Royer, Miss USA 1987
- Joel Burns, LGBTQ+ rights activist, politician
- B.J. Stiles, activist, editor, and non-profit leader
- Ben Hunt, a professional basketball player
- Clifton McNeely, All-American college basketball player
Financials at Texas Wesleyan University
The Texas Wesleyan University fees (average annual fee) are given below.
- Undergraduate Fees: USD 36,500
- Graduate Fees: USD 27,000 – USD 35,500
Listed below are living expenses as incurred by students of the institution.
- Housing: USD 2,700 per semester
- Dining: USD 3,000 per semester
- Transportation: USD 2,000
- Supplies: USD 1,200
Frequently Asked Questions
The GPA required to enter Texas Wesleyan University can range between 2.5 and 4, depending on the course. Texas Wesleyan University fees can range from USD 26,700 to USD 37,000. The higher range of tuition rates applies to undergraduate programs and the lower range for graduate programs, given they require credits in comparison.
Q1. What GPA do you need to get into Texas Wesleyan University USA?
Q2. How much is Texas Wesleyan’s tuition?
The GPA required to enter Texas Wesleyan University can range between 2.5 and 4, depending on the course.
Texas Wesleyan University fees can range from USD 26,700 to USD 37,000. The higher range of tuition rates applies to undergraduate programs and the lower range for graduate programs, given they require credits in comparison.
✓End to end Visa/Application support