Established formally in 1888, Temple University is a prestigious public state-related research university. Its main campus is located in the state of Pennsylvania in the USA. Additionally, it has eight urban and suburban campuses in and around Philadelphia, Tokyo, and Rome.
The address of the main campus is 1801 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122, 215-204-7000.
Temple University USA offers over 200 undergraduate and 60 postgraduate courses for students all over the world. The value of these courses is supplemented by Temple University ranking, among the top 800 universities in the world, according to the QS world university rankings.
It is also ranked at a respectable #103 among all national universities by US News, further lending credibility to its reputation.
The main campus, located in North Philadelphia, is the oldest among the eight campuses affiliated with Temple University. It consists of on-campus living facilities for students enrolling in any program at the university.
The main campus is home to an estimated 10,000 students who live in or around the main campus of the university. This campus also houses the central administrative offices of twelve affiliated schools and colleges, as well as most of their classrooms. Some of them are:
- The Fox School of Business and Management;
- The College of Education and Human Development;
- The College of Engineering;
- The College of Liberal Arts;
- The Lew Klein College of Media and Communication
Regarding research, the university has a grade of R1, considered to be awarded to institutes with the highest research activity. It also boasts over USD 290 million of research expenditure.
The research facilities at the institute provide a platform for multidisciplinary research and scholarship for both faculties and students. Some of the notable research centers at the institute include:
- Biostatistics Research Support Centre
- Centre for International Business Education and Research
- Criminal Justice Training Programs
- Data Science Institute
- Feinstein Centre for American Jewish History
Furthermore, the language of instruction at Temple University USA is English.
The university accepts applications for its undergraduate and postgraduate programs twice a year. The Temple University admission process goes live for the fall and spring semesters, each having a different deadline.
For the fall semester, the important dates are:
- Application opens: August 1
- Early action: November 1
- Regular decision: February 1
- Priority filing deadline for FAFSA: February 1
- Decision deadline for admitted students: May 1
For the spring semester, the important dates are:
- Application deadline: November 1
- Decision deadline for admitted students: Two weeks after receiving the offer letter
A student can apply for the desired courses according to the dates mentioned above. The Temple University admission process is streamlined, with a standard application form available on the website. There is an application fee of USD 55, which a student can submit along with the form.
Furthermore, the Temple University admission requirements are:
- At least a B average in high school classes and GPA in the 3.0 range for college-prep courses
- Standardized test scores, like SAT and ACT (optional)
- An application essay that talks about the student
- A maximum of two letters of recommendation (optional)
Based on these requirements, Temple University reviews the applications for its programs. The Temple University acceptance rate is 71%, while the early acceptance rate is 85.7%.
Temple University USA accepts applications from all over the world for its undergraduate and graduate programs. The complete list of courses is available on the university website.
Temple University offers over 150 undergraduate majors for students across multiple domains. Some of these domains are:
- Art and Architecture
- Business and Management
- Education and Human Development
- Liberal Arts
- Media and Communication
The university also offers multiple graduate courses across different domains. Some of these domains include:
- Podiatric Medicine
The average semester load for undergraduate degrees is 15 to 17 credit hours. Out of these, students must carry at least 12 hours to be classified as full-time. For a postgraduate degree, a student must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be eligible for the degree.
Some important dates mentioned in the academic calendar for fall 2022 are as follows:
- Tuesday, August 2: Sunday, August 21: Early Term Start (ETS) Courses
- Monday, August 22: Full Term 16-week Courses (1) and 7-week Courses (7A) begin
- Monday, August 29: Last day to add or drop a 7-week course
- Tuesday, September 6: Last day to add or drop a Full Term 16-week (1) course
- Monday, October 3: Last day to withdraw from a 7-week (7A) course
- Thursday, December 8 – Wednesday, December 14: Final Exams for Full Term 16-week Courses (1)
With about 40,000 37,365 students on its main campus, Temple University USA attracts applicants from all over the world. This figure also consists of over 1900 international students from 123 countries.
These students have the option to join hundreds of on-campus clubs and organizations to meet like-minded people. These clubs cover a variety of domains, including educational, multicultural, artistic, preprofessional, political, athletic, religious, and service-oriented.
Some of these organizations are:
- Over 350+ student clubs
- Fraternities and sororities
- Service Immersion Program
- Temple student government
- Philly Connections, Memorable Moments & Night Owl Events
Read More About Leading Universities in the USA:
Temple University USA has partnered with various organizations for its commercialization and start-up opportunities. Some of the organizations include
- Ben Franklin Technology
- BioStrategy Partners
- CSL Behring
The university also offers part-time jobs and work-study opportunities for the enrolled students. In fact, they have a dedicated portal to allow students to search for their desired part-time job.
Additionally, the Federal work-study program provides students with part-time employment and enhances their resume-building skills. Not to mention, this program also enables them to earn funding to help cover non-billable education expenses.
Furthermore, Temple University has a career center that provides essential student services. These services include:
- Career coaching, with professional development events and workshops
- Career assessment, allowing the student to gain an insight into career paths
- Launching a career, where students can explore jobs, meet with potential employers and attend career fairs
Being a prestigious public research university, Temple University has also produced various notable alumni. Some of them are:
- Bill Cosby, Activist, Film Score Composer, Television director
- Bob Saget, Comedian, Screenwriter, Film producer
- Tom Sizemore, Film Producer, Actor, Singer
- Lois Hamilton, Sculptor, Pilot, Painter
- Tamron Hall, Journalist, Newsreader, TV Journalist
The Temple University fees differ according to the type of course and the level of study. However, the standard annual rates for full-time undergraduate studies are:
USD 16,488 to USD 23,208
USD 29,712 to USD 38,544
Fee for university services
On-campus housing and meals
Estimated overall annual cost
USD 29,328 to USD 36,048
USD 42,552 USD 51,384
The full-list of postgraduate courses along with their corresponding tuition fee is available on the university’s official website. Students can also ask for help to finance their studies by applying for financial aid and scholarships.
✓End to end Visa/Application support