Sacred Heart University is a private Catholic University in the United States of America (USA), offering academic excellence since 1963. The University is located in Fairfield, CT, USA.
Sacred Heart University is known for its research-based diversified range of courses and programs. It offers undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral, certificate, residency, and diploma courses. The mode of study is classroom-based, hybrid, and online courses.
Students from all over the world apply for various programs from diversified backgrounds and disciplines. With a 99.3% placement record and fully funded scholarship programs, Sacred Heart University is always a preferred destination for abroad studies.
Sacred Heart University’s acceptance rate is 66%, making it easy for students to secure admission. It is the first and second-largest Catholic University in the USA.
If you plan to take admission to this university, here’s a detailed guide about all the information and facts on Sacred Heart University.
History of Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University started in the year 1963 with the vision to offer education to all irrespective of caste, sex, and religion. Enrollment increased from 173 students to almost 8500 students by the year 1987. The faculty started with 9 members, which slowly increased to 281. In 1990, Sacred Heart University founded the dorms and accepted the residential application. In September 2009, Sacred Heart University started the Holy Spirit Christian chapel, and in 2012, Sacred Heart University opened common centers for students. In 2019, Sacred Heart University was ranked by Princeton Reviews as 10th for “Happiest Students”. Today, it is one of the prestigious universities in the USA.
About Education at Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University is a Catholic university that offers courses and programs for undergraduate, residency, certificate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Students can choose from a wide range of programs from streams like social science, arts, humanities, science technology, music, engineering, social work, and nursing.
There are more than 802 faculties, 5,428 undergraduates and 3,104 postgraduates. At Sacred Heart University, the courses are completely designed with built-in research, internship, and live projects for maximum industry exposure. Students are given the flexibility to choose their specialization or major after going through all the subjects in the first year.
The main streams for undergraduate courses are finance, humanities, and science. Students are marked based on credits, owing to the number of hours devoted to the course and program.
Some USPs of Sacred Heart University
If you are planning to take admission at the Sacred Heart University, you should surely know a few facts that make it stand out from the rest. Here are a few USPs of Sacred Heart University:
- Sacred Heart was the first Catholic university in the United States.
- Sacred Heart University’s acceptance rate is 66% which is very high, making it easy for international students to take admission to various undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees.
- Sacred Heart University has additional 7 campuses in Connecticut.
Career Opportunities at Sacred Heart University
Getting a degree from Sacred Heart University opens a world of prestige and global value. The US job market is saturated with lucrative career opportunities and high salaried job prospects. Here are the top career opportunities and the average annual salaries that students can explore after completion of course or degree:
- Data Architect – $132K (INR 9864360)
- UX Designer – $107K (INR 7996110)
- Mobile Application Developer – $122K (INR 9117060)
- Business Intelligence Analyst – $121K (INR 9042330)
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineer – $118K (INR 8817508)
- Personal Financial Advisor – $90K (INR 6725218)
- Financial Services Sales Agents – $67K (INR 5006568)
- Actuary – $100K (INR 7472490)
- Engineering Manager – $144K (INR 10760385)
- Computer Network Architect – $90K (INR 6813000)
- Financial Manager – $121K (INR 9042330)
- Petroleum Engineer – $137K (INR 10237105)
- Project Manager – $95K (INR 7098542)
- System Analyst or System Engineer – $77K (INR 5753555)
- Portfolio Manager – $101K (INR 7546922)
- Network Engineer – $86K (INR 6435000)
- Information Security Manager – $112K (INR 8404000)
Famous Alumni from Sacred Heart University
Since 1963, Sacred Heart University has held a notable list of Nobel laureates and academic professionals contributing their academic excellence globally. Sacred Heart University is a well recognized catholic University in the USA with a long list of credible alumni from various disciplines. Sacred Heart University holds 2305th rank globally, 791st in North America, and 748th in the United States by aggregated alumni prominence. Here’s the list of notable alumni from Sacred Heart University:
- John Dezso Ratzenberger – an American actor, director, entrepreneur, producer, and writer.
- Lydia Marie Hearst-Shaw – an American fashion model, actress, and lifestyle blogger
- Matt Jones – Professional soccer player
- Jeff LeBlanc – Singer
- Carlo Leone – Connecticut State Senator
- Kevin Nealon – Actor
- Mark Nofri – Football coach, head coach of the Sacred Heart
- John Ratzenberger – Actor
- Kevin Nealon – an American comedian and actor.
- Ramón Colón-López – a United States Air Force pararescue man. In
- Jenna Leah Sanz-Agero – the former lead singer of the female rock group Vixen, and a former president of Media 8.
- Francis J. Shakespeare – a former American diplomat and media executive
- Michael Pavia – an American businessman who served as the 30th mayor of Stamford, Connecticut.
- Teresa López – an artist, graphic designer, and art professor.
- Drew Denbaum – an American writer, actor, director, and educator, with credits in theater, film, and television.
- Jarrid Jamel Frye – an American former professional basketball player
Scholarships for MS in USA
Post-Study Work Visa in USA
How to study in USA without IELTS
Why USA for Masters
MBA in USA for Indian Students
Masters Courses in USA
Jobs after MS in Computer Science in USA
STEM Courses in USA
Address of Sacred Heart University
The address of Sacred Heart University is 5151 Park Ave, Fairfield, CT 06825, USA.
Private-Public Status of Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University is a private Catholic University in Fairfield, Connecticut. The university holds accreditation under NECHE (New England Commission of Higher Education). Since 1963, it has delivered prestigious degrees and programs to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs.
Sacred Heart University: Ranking
Sacred Heart University is a top-ranked university with years of excellence in academics and research. The university is ranked according to its performance across a set of widely accepted indicators of excellence.
- According to the QS rankings 2021, Sacred Heart University holds a rank of 217.
- The university is ranked number 4 in the list of ‘Most Innovative Universities in the North USA according to the US News and Report 2021.
- #202’ rank in top universities in the USA.
- #297 rank for social research and development.
- Sacred Heart University ranks 10th for the “Happiest Students” listing.
Top Courses and Sacred Heart University Fees
At Sacred Heart University, students are offered a wide range of programs. The list of courses and programs is very diversified from various disciplines. Some of the tops ranked courses at Sacred Heart University are as follows:
- MS in Business Analytics: INR 19.37 Lakh
- MS in Finance: INR 20.28 Lakh
- Master’s in Science in Cyber Security: INR 18.98 Lakh
- MS in Healthcare Informatics: INR 17.53 Lakh
- Bachelor’s of Science in Psychology: INR 28.5 Lakh
- Accounting Analytics: INR 19.8 Lakh
- MBA: INR 26.16 Lakh
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science: INR 32.51 Lakh
- MS in Digital Marketing: INR 20.92 Lakh
- Master’s of Science in Information Technology: INR 35.6 Lakh
- MS Strategic Human Resource Development: INR 15.98 Lakh
- Bachelor of Science in Game Design & Development: INR 18.79 lakh
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering: INR 32.51 Lakh
- Master’s of Science in Chemistry: INR 11.6 Lakh
- Master of Public Health: INR 17.09 Lakh
- Master’s of Art Communication: INR 26.6 lakh
- BBA: INR 27.6 Lakh
- MS of Science in Electrical Engineering: INR 32.51 Lakh
- Bachelor’s of Information Technology: INR 29.5 Lakh
- BS in Game Design and Development: INR 31.6 Lakh
- Bachelor’s of Science in Marketing: INR 27.8 Lakh
Required Examination for Sacred Heart University
Sacred Heart University admissions are selective, with an acceptance rate of 66%. It is not very difficult for students to get into the courses and programs. Here’s the list of required examinations for admission to various programs:
English Language Tests
Students from non-native English-speaking countries or students who have not studied high school in English for at least 4 years need to take the test. The accepted English language proficiency tests are IELTS and TOEFL. The IELTS and TOEFL scores requirement depends upon the department.
Standardized examination: Students taking admission to undergraduate courses need to appear for the ACT and SAT examinations. Applicants should have a minimum SAT score between 1140 and 1260 or an ACT score of 24 and 28. GRE and GMAT examination scores are not compulsory for taking admission to programs and degrees at the university.
Sacred Heart University: Admissions Requirements
Students applying to Sacred Heart University need to meet the admission prerequisites and requirements imposed for all the education levels and courses. Here are some of the common Sacred Heart University requirements:
- Non-refundable application fee which needs to be paid at the time of filling up the application form.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty of last education institutions that have evaluated the academic scores closely.
- A professional resume should be updated with the latest information and facts about personal information, achievement, experience, skills, and qualifications.
- English language proficiency test scores. The test scores of IELTS and TOEFL are accepted.
- Students appearing for the undergraduate subjects needs to submit ACT and SAT examination scorecards.
- Financial proof and statement to prove that they are eligible to manage the cost of living and study cost during their course.
- All academic records and transcripts
- Medical reports
Available Scholarship for Sacred Heart University
At Sacred Heart University, there are financial assistance programs for deserving students. It is designed to recognize merit, academic, extracurricular activities, and financial challenges.
Merit scholarships range from $8,500 to $17,500 (INR 635109 to INR 1307578). Programs include:
- President’s Excellence Award
- Trustee Scholarship
- College Scholarship
- Conley Award
Transfer students are eligible for a merit-based funding aid or scholarship based on the achievement at their post-secondary institutions.
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Transfer Achievement Award
- Community College Scholarship
Placement Program at Sacred Heart University
Over three years, Sacred Heart University has a record of 99.3% placement of all degrees, programs, and specializations. The overall response rate is 90%. The placement cell is very active, taking placement and career opportunities on a serious note. All the applicants go through the placement drive after the development programs before appearing for the placement drives conducted by global employers.
✓End to end Visa/Application support