Rotterdam School of Management is the business wing of the public university, Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands.
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University, began its operations in 1970 in a massive villa in the Rotterdam suburb of Kralingen. From these humble beginnings, the school has become one of the most successful and reputed business schools in Europe and the world. It is accredited by the AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), AMBA (The Association of MBAs), and EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System).
The official mailing address of the Rotterdam School of Management is as follows:
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50, 3062 PA Rotterdam, the Netherlands
In terms of Rotterdam School of Management ranking, the school stands at #21 in the QS WUR Ranking by Subject 2022, #84 in the FT Global MBA 2022, placed at #21 at the Business Week (Europe) 2021-22, and #56 in the FT EMBA 2021 rankings.
In terms of course-specific rankings, Rotterdam School of Management is at #22 in the World University Rankings – Masters in Management and #26 in the World University Rankings 2022.
Infrastructure of Rotterdam School of Management
The Woudestein campus of the Rotterdam School of Management highlights the school’s spirit and community with many facilities. Currently, the campus is being renovated to a modern infrastructure with a lively and cultural heart and a smart heating, cooling, and lighting system through renewable energy.
Other amenities include student accommodation, study spaces, a food court, an extra lecture room, etc.
Moreover, the Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands, has a Corporate Communication Center (CCC) that conducts academic research published in world-class academic journals. The significant areas of research conducted in the business school are:
- Employee Alignment
- Corporate Branding
- Investor Relations
- Issues Management & Crisis Communication
- Organizational Identification
- Reputation Research
The language of instruction for studies at Rotterdam School of Management is Dutch and English.
Academics at Rotterdam School of Management
The Rotterdam School of Management has a single intake: the September 2022 start – with applications closing on December 9 the previous year.
Admission Procedure at Rotterdam School of Management
The Rotterdam School of Management admission process is simple and fast. The step-by-step process is divided into four primary levels. They are:
As a prospective applicant, it is necessary to submit a complete application, covering all the supporting documents and entry requirements in the online application. They must apply within the deadlines. Within 1 to 2 weeks, the applications are to the next step.
Once the student’s application for the program is submitted, the admissions committee reviews and checks the student’s application. All the parameters are taken into consideration, and the successful applicants are selected. Post the review, the student is contacted in 1 to 2 days for the next step.
If the student crosses the first level of evaluation, they are called to complete a Kira Video Essay and an admissions interview.
According to the application and interview performance, the student can expect a rejection or acceptance letter from the university and business school in about two weeks.
Admission Requirements for Rotterdam School of Management
In terms of the Rotterdam School of Management admission requirements, students can check their course-specific conditions on the respective course pages on the website. Here are listed admission requirements for the university’s MBA program for reference:
- Completed online application form
- One prepared essay mentioning their motivation to pursue the program and how this step will help their career journey
- CV or LinkedIn profile
- Two referees
- Satisfactory GMAT/GRE score
- GMAT code: QK8-CX-30
- GRE code: 0798
- Official transcript and copy of the student’s diploma or degree from their college or university
- Copy of student passport
- € 100 application fee (The business school accepts PayPal, credit card, or direct bank transfer)
- Candidates who will be invited for the admissions interview should necessarily complete a video response via Kira Talent
According to Forbes.com, the Rotterdam School of Management’s acceptance rate stands at 51% for their – 1 undergraduate and 22 postgraduate programs.
Courses Offered at Rotterdam School of Management
The primary course streams and the number of programs per stream at the Rotterdam School of Management are as follows:
- Business & Management (15)
- Computer Science & IT (1)
- Journalism & Media (1)
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics (1)
- Social Sciences (1)
The top courses at Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University are their MBA courses- International full-time MBA, Executive MBA, Global Executive MBA, and Cologne-Rotterdam Executive MBA (conjunction with the University of Cologne).
The study load of Rotterdam School of Management subjects is depicted in ECTS (European Credit Transfer System). 1 ECTS means 28 hours’ worth of study. Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree courses have either 5 ECTS or 10 ECTS worth of study load amounting to 140 (5 x 28 hours) and 280 (10 x 28 hours) study load hours.
If a student enrols in a three-year Bachelor’s coursework, the study load will be 180 ECTS (3 x 60 ECTS). The one-year Master’s coursework equates to a study load of 60 ECTS, out of which 20 ECTS are specifically for the Master’s thesis. The other sections consist of a study load of 5 ECTS/ 10 ECTS.
Academic Calendar of Rotterdam School of Management
Prospective students must also be aware of the college calendar for the Rotterdam School of Management. Here is the academic calendar for 2021-2022:
Block 1 course: August 30 to October 15, 2021
Exams: October 18 to 23, 2021
Re-sits: December 13 to 18, 2021
Block 2 courses: October 25 to December 10, 2021
Exams: December 13 to 18, 2021
Re-sits: January 3 to 8, 2022
Block 3 courses: January 31 to March 11, 2022
Exams: March 14 to 19, 2022
Re-sits: May 9 to 14, 2022
Block 4 courses: March 21 to May 6, 2022
Exams: May 9 to 14, 2022
Re-sits: June 27 to July 2, 2022
Block 5 courses: May 16 to June 24, 2022
Exams: June 27 to July 2, 2022
Re-sits: July 18 to 23, 2022
Extracurriculars and Diversity at Rotterdam School of Management
Pursuing a business course such as an MBA from Rotterdam School of Management doesn’t limit only attaining world-class academics. MBA classrooms provide several networking opportunities and the possibility to invest in extracurricular activities and clubs.
These extracurricular activities are supervised by the Student Association and the student clubs. The clubs will specialize in specific business areas or host sporting and social events.
Student clubs conduct panel discussions, full-scale conferences, company presentations, etc. Some study groups at the Rotterdam School of Management, Netherlands, include:
- Master Study Club Finance and Investments
- Financial Study Association Rotterdam
The business school is known for its focus on diversity. A majority number of MBA candidates are international students. Rotterdam School of Management is also a common choice for exchange students from all over the globe.
Career/Professional at Rotterdam School of Management
The Rotterdam School of Management Career Centre for BSc/MSc students aims to be a guide in the journey of building an international and impactful career. The experts in the center have extensive expertise in the labor market; they focus on the professional and personal development of the student and build strong employer relationships.
At RSM, students can avail various career facilities through the career center. Here are a few listed amenities that the students can take full advantage of:
- Look for internships, part-time or full-time jobs. The RSM career portal has several companies with several vacancies.
- RSM’s corporate partners also offer opportunities to the students of the school.
- Student can explore their career desires, find motivation, and prepare their CVs through online coaching modules.
- They can be a part of many campus events to understand the career opportunities available and meet the right people.
- They can also opt for many workshops on campus throughout the year.
- In addition, RSM alumni also mentor students through the RSM MentorMe portal to guide them, engage in formal career talks, analyze and check the student CVs and help them to prepare for job or internship interviews.
Upon completing the RSM MBA, 82% of job searching graduates were able to transform their careers successfully and made huge career progress. The annual mean salary of the RSM graduates elevated in the previous year by 7.3%.
Currently, the average salary of MBA graduates at Rotterdam School of Management is EUR 70,259.
The business school aims to create mutually beneficial partnerships that enable researchers, students, and companies to boost their knowledge, elevate their education and even share wonderful managerial experiences.
To that account, the Rotterdam School of Management has two main types of partners or industrial connections. They are:
- Institutional partners
- Corporate partners
Here are some of the common employers at the Rotterdam School of Management:
- ABN AMRO
Last but not least, the institution’s alumni network is a close-knit engaged community that provides the student body with essential tangible and intangible resources. Some of the notable alumni of the Rotterdam School of Management are named as follows:
- Johan H Andresen Jr- Norwegian industrialist and investor
- Jaap Amesz- Dutch television personality
- Herman Heinsbroek- Dutch businessman, author, media commentator, and the minister of Economic Affairs in the First Balkenende cabinet
- Bart Brecht- Dutch businessman
Financials at Rotterdam School of Management
The Rotterdam School of Management fee will depend on the course you choose and the level of education you will pursue. The average total cost of studying at the business school is about EUR 56,000.
The living costs of Rotterdam will also be a big part of your expenses. The average living expenses for a Bachelor’s or Master’s student in Rotterdam is about EUR 13,560. Here is an item-wise expenditure for life at the university:
- Housing: +/- EUR 8,800**
- Housing admin fee: EUR 200 (one-time payment)
- Laptop: approx. EUR 750 (first-year students only)
- Books: approx. EUR 250 (first-year students: most books for the Academic Core are provided by EUC)
- Books: approx. EUR 1.000 per year***(second- and third-year students)
- Insurance: EUR 660 (based on EUR 55 monthly fees)
- Daily expenses +/- EUR 4.200 (food, drinks, clothes, going out, public transport, etc. – based on an estimate of EUR 350 per month)
- Other study-related costs (e.g., printing costs, posters): approx. EUR 100 per year
- EUCSA membership fee: EUR 50.29
Overall, this information can prove a valuable guide if you decide to study at the esteemed campus of Rotterdam School of Management.
✓End to end Visa/Application support