GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is one of the biggest and most popular global tests held by ETS (Educational Testing Service) and a standardized examination for entry into courses like MBA, MS, and others at universities worldwide. Along with passports, students can also submit Aadhar Cards as valid identification proof as per the latest ETS regulations. ETS has also unveiled its GRE at Home owing to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Read More: GRE Exam Dates for 2021-2022
How to Register for GRE Exam-Steps to be followed:
Thinking about how to book GRE examination slots? The entire procedure of GRE exam registration is simple and hassle-free. The steps to be followed include the following:
- Go to the official ETS web portal.
- Create your GRE profile online. Candidates have to provide all vital information that may be useful at the time of admission or sending their scores.
- Submit the application form for the GRE examination.
- Choose the testing date for the year and the nearest test center.
- Pay the registration charges of US$213 (approximately INR 15,700). This is possible once candidates have been redirected to the gateway page for payment. They should check examination details carefully at this stage.
- Confirm and submit the GRE application.
- Take the printout and save the submission information for usage in the future. The acknowledgment receipt should be carefully stored by the candidate.
Read More: GRE Exam: A Complete Guide
How to Register for the GRE exam in India Via Other Methods?
Here are some other ways that you can try:
1. Via Mail:
You have to print out the GRE application form for the year and complete it before sending it to the address listed below in addition to the registration fee for the examination-
2nd Floor, DLF Infinity Tower-A,
DLF City, Gurgaon,
Note that the application form should reach the center at least three weeks prior to the choice of the earliest testing date for the GRE examination. A reporting time, confirmation number and the address of the test center will be emailed, mailed or faxed to you.
2. Via Phone:
You can call the RRC (Regional Registration Center) or Prometric at Gurgaon in Haryana. The phone number, in this case, is 91-124-4147700. The call should be made at least 2 business days prior to the chosen test date for the GRE. The confirmation number, address of the GRE test center, and reporting time will be intimated to you over the phone.
3. Via Fax:
Print out and complete the GRE application form for the year and dispatch the same at 91-124-4147773 with the registration charges for the examination. The application form should be received by the authorities at least 7 days before the chosen test date.
Read More: How to Score 170 in GRE Quant?
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) :
What is the GRE exam?
The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a standardized official test which enables admission to several graduate courses and schools in the US and Canada along with some other countries. It is owned and administered under the authority of the Educational Testing Service (ETS).
What are the eligibility criteria of the GRE exam?
The GRE examination does not have any specific eligibility criteria given by the ETS. Anybody may register for the test, irrespective of his/her qualifications or age.
What are the important documents required for the GRE exam?
There is only a single document that is needed for the GRE examination, namely the student ID. This may either be the Passport or Aadhar Card.