IELTS or International English Language Testing System is an international standardized test of English language proficiency for non-native English-speakers. It is jointly owned and managed by IDP and the British Council. The cancellation policy of the IELTS examination has some rules set by the conducting bodies. International students need to follow a few steps if they wish to cancel the examination after registration. Students planning to cancel the exam registration need a proper understanding of the cancellation and refund policies as set by IDP and the British Council. Read on to learn how to cancel the IELTS exam.
How to cancel the IELTS examination through IDP?
Students can cancel the IELTS test registration (both Academic and General Training) at any time before the test date by visiting the official website of IDP IELTS. Applicants need to log in to the ‘Test Taker’ portal with the username and password and submit a cancellation request along with supporting documents.
Cancellation and refund policy of IDP IELTS:
International students can cancel the exam registration anytime they want. Candidates can apply for cancellation only if the test date is at least 15 days from the date on which they are applying for cancellation. On receiving the cancellation request, the test will be canceled and a refund will be generated according to the following refund policy.
- If the registration is canceled more than 5 weeks before the date of the examination, applicants will receive a refund after deducting the administration charges.
- Students canceling the test within 5 weeks before the examination will not receive any refund unless there are exceptional cases like emergencies or serious health issues. If students can provide a medical certificate before 5 days of the exam schedule, they will receive the refund after deducting the administration fee.
How to cancel the IELTS exam registration through the British Council India?
The IELTS British Council cancellation process is managed directly by the IELTS test center. To cancel the IELTS (Academic and General Training) test, students need to log in to the ‘Test Taker’ portal with the username and password and submit a cancellation request, along with supporting documents.
Cancellation and refund policy of BC IELTS
IELTS British Council examination can be canceled anytime after the registration. However, students cannot receive a 100% refund on the fee paid.
- If students cancel the IELTS test registration within 14 days but more than three days prior to the test date, they will receive a 50% refund of the total fee.
- If students apply for cancellation at least 14 days prior to the examination, their cancellation is accepted and a refund of 75% is granted.
- For cancellation due to a health or medical emergency, the students need to produce a medical certificate 5 days before the examination and they will get a 75% fee refund.
- Students canceling the test 3 days or less before examination will not receive any refund.