The growth of data science jobs in Ireland testifies to the overall development and progress of the IT and technological spheres throughout the country. Ireland is one of the top European destinations for studying data science programs at some of the world’s leading universities.
Data is certainly the biggest game-changer for every business sector and industry. Hence, there is a growing need for qualified data scientists and trained professionals who help understand, classify, tap, and delineate data for insights, decisions, and predictions. People skilled in data patterns, modeling, assessment, and data visualization are also in high demand. The overall field is vast, with excellent prospects in Ireland.
Important Read: Study in Ireland
Data Science Jobs in Ireland- Top Recruiters
Many well-known recruiters offer data science jobs in Ireland for skilled professionals. In the financial sector, recruiters include Merrill Lynch, Bank of America, PwC, and the Bank of Ireland, while software and IT majors such as Citi Tech, Apple, Turbine, Cisco, Google, Facebook, and Amazon also hire data scientists in large numbers.
Recruiters in manufacturing and telecom include IBM, Enterprise Ireland, Trend Micro, Ericsson, and BT, to name a few. Accenture and other consulting firms also hire data science graduates in sizable numbers every year.
Highest Paying Data Science Jobs in Ireland
There are many data science jobs in Ireland that pay handsome salaries. With experience and proper qualifications, data science graduates can earn a handsome $88,710 per year or roughly INR 66.53 lakh. Salaries may increase even more, depending on graduates’ skills and project experience.
Data science jobs that pay attractive salaries include data science specialists/experts, data analysts, business intelligence analysts, data analytics consultants, technical product managers, multimedia systems developers, big data architects, video analysts, and data scientists. Other job roles include big data engineer and IT operations manager.
Where to Find Data Science Jobs in Ireland?
The scope of data science degrees in Ireland is vast. Data science aspirants may find work at leading IT and technology companies, including Dell, Cisco, Apple, Intel, Facebook, etc.
The financial services sector, including the Bank of Ireland, are major recruiters, and so are manufacturing enterprises such as IBM and Enterprise Ireland. Telecom companies hire data science specialists in large numbers, and so do several consulting firms like Accenture or First Derivatives. You can peruse online job portals and employment websites in Ireland for information on openings. Job boards such as Jobs. ie, RecruitIreland.com, IrishJobs.ie and others are famous for data science job postings.
Top Universities in Ireland for Data Science Courses
Degrees from several universities are highly recognized in the mainstream Irish job market. Some of the top names include the following:
Top Data Science Courses:
● Trinity College Dublin
● Technological University Dublin or TU Dublin
● Cork Institute of Technology
● National University of Ireland Galway
● University College Dublin
● Letterkenny Institute of Technology
● Maynooth University
● Athlone Institute of Technology
● Dublin City University
● Institute of Technology Carlow
The eligibility criteria for getting into these institutions include the following:
● Candidates should have successfully cleared Class XII with a minimum cut-off for UG admissions. For PG admissions into data science, students should have UG degrees with a GPA of 7.0 on a ten-point scale. They should have studied their UG course in commerce, science, or arts. They may also have bachelor’s degrees in either mathematics or computer science.
● The minimum CGPA should be 2.7 on a scale of four points or 60-65% in overall marks.
● Applicants with high second division or second-class marks may also be considered for data science programs at leading Irish universities.
● Those with ten years of industrial experience may also be considered even without meeting the eligibility criteria. Those with a bachelor’s degree and five years of industrial experience may also be considered.
● Applicants should score at least 90 in TOEFL or 7 in IELTS and 63 in PTE, depending on which examination is accepted by the university.
Eligibility criteria vary as per the universities in question. Data science is a flourishing global career nowadays, and the opportunity to study at a leading university in Ireland will be professionally rewarding for aspirants.
Students Also Read:
- Study in Ireland for Indian students
- Education System in Ireland
- Top Reasons to Study in Ireland
- How to find part time jobs in Ireland
- Cost of Living in Ireland
- Cost of Studying in Ireland for Overseas Students
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support