The Breda University of Applied Sciences Netherlands is located at Monseigneur Hopmansstraat 2, 4817 JS Breda, Netherlands. The Breda University of Applied Sciences was founded in 1963 as the NWIT. It caters to more than 7,000 students from 100+ global nations. It is reputed for programs in games, hotels, logistics, data science and artificial intelligence, tourism, media, and leisure and events. Lectures started at the institution in 1966 and it merged with VAT in 1987. The new name came about in 2018.
The Breda University of Applied Sciences ranking is 23 (2021) for Hospitality & Leisure Management as the QS World University Subject Rankings. The ARWU/Shanghai ranking was 51-75 (2020) for Hospitality & Tourism Management and 75-100 in 2021 for the same program. The Princeton Review ranking stood at 12 in 2022 for the Top-50 Game Design-Under Graduate Worldwide List.
The institution has its green and the sprawling campus in the south of the Netherlands near the Breda City Centre. The institution prioritizes research in several areas, encompassing several institutes, educational collaborators, and government partners. Some of the research domains include hotel, media, tourism, and logistics among others. The new campus offers a new R&D infrastructure and laboratories as well.
Most programs have an application deadline of 1st May while some programs have 15th August and 1st June as their deadlines respectively. The Breda University of Applied Sciences admission process involves the following:
1. Students should submit their applications at Studielink
2. They should finish the whole process and pay the fee
The Breda University of Applied Sciences admission requirements include the following:
1. The equivalent of Dutch higher general secondary education diplomas or pre-university level programs is required
2. English language proficiency scores are required- CAE/CPE, IELTS 6.0, and TOEFL iBT-80
The Breda University of Applied Sciences acceptance rate is 60-70%. There are Bachelor’s, master and Executive courses on offer. Some of the popular study areas include leisure and events, hotel, facility, built environment, Imagineering, tourism, media, logistics, games and data science, and AI.
The college schedule is the following for 2022-23:
1. 29 August – 2 September 2022: Introduction week
2. 5 – 9 September 2022: start of the academic year
3. 24 – 28 October 2022: Autumn holiday
4. 26 December 2022 – 6 January 2023: Christmas holiday
5. 20 February – 24 February 2023: Spring holiday
6. 7 April 2023: Good Friday, Breda University of Applied Sciences closed
7. 10 April 2023: Easter Monday, Breda University of Applied Sciences closed
8. 27 April 2023: King’s Day, Breda University of Applied Sciences closed
9. 1 – 5 May 2023: May holiday
10. 5 May 2023: Liberation day
11. 18 May 2023: Ascension day, Breda University of Applied Sciences closed
12. 19 May 2023: Breda University of Applied Sciences closed
13. 29 May 2023: Whit Monday, Breda University of Applied Sciences closed
14. 17 July – 18 August 2023: Summer holiday
15. 4 September 2023: Start the academic year of 2022-2023
|Student Visa for the Netherlands||Study MS in the Netherlands 2022||Cost of Living in the Netherlands|
|Study MBBS in Netherlands||Masters In Computer Science In Netherlands||BBA in the Netherlands|
Extra-curriculars and Diversity
The institution hosts students from 100+ countries worldwide. Students can expect a vibrant campus experience with various student associations and study societies along with clubs. They organize various sporting activities, parties, events, excursions, and other activities throughout the year. Some of the associations include Xenia, Phileas Fogg, and Maximus while societies include SAB, Dionysius, Pangea, and others. Some of the clubs include the cooking, book, yoga, band jam, and vintage game clubs to name just a few.
The institution is closely connected to several organizations and businesses, offering numerous opportunities for students. There are work placement facilities available along with other graduation assignments. The university also offers training for company professionals in a global setting. Work placements cover almost all courses and span 20-40 weeks on average. The university also helps students with future recruitment via these industry networks and connections. Several career mentoring services are also available for students around the year.
The tuition fee comes around to be EUR 10,400 (approximately INR 8.84 lakh) per year for Bachelor’s and Degree Programmes while it comes to EUR 8,646-15,609 (approximately INR 7.35 lakh to INR 13.27 lakh) per year for Master’s Degree Programmes.
“Disclaimer! All course fees/salaries/expenses are indicative.”
Start Your Study Abroad
✓ Save upto 30Lakh ✓ No IELTS required
✓End to end Visa/Application support
✓End to end Visa/Application support